Hi from Limbo Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Limbo Land

I'm 32 years old, a culinary student in Texas. 5 years ago I had symtoms consistent with MS, was tested, but no lesions meant no diagnosis. That episode lasted roughly 10 months, 3 of which were spent in a wheelchair before symptoms just disappeared.
    Fast forward to 2 months ago... I started having hemiplegic-type migraines (which I had a few months before symptoms started last time). They quickly progressed to the symptoms I'm dealing with now. I have started pursuing testing through the VA in Dallas, but it is slow-going. The GP I saw did put in her notes "symtoms suspicious for MS". I found out a couple days ago that the VA neuro denied a consult for me - not sure why. I now am starting to work with a patient advocate at VA about this - my next GP appt isn't until March!
    Anyway, that's where I am in this limbo land.

Hope your time in limbo land doesn't last long. Not a great place to vacation.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi LadyFox and welcome to MSWorld!

Sorry you hear of your story and especially the flare that landed you in a wheelchair! If you are working through the VA system, you might want to ask some questions with our veterans here in our Military Veterans forum http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...terans-with-MS

They have been very helpful for others navigating through the system. I hope your appt goes well in March and you will know more to be able to move forward in the diagnostic process.

Take care
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

HELLO LADYFOX, WELCOME TO MS WORLD!!! we are happy that you found us, but we are sad that you are in limbo land. No matter where you go, things never happen as quickly as you want, and especially when you are searching for answers. Thank you for your time in the service, and I am glad to hear you are working with the VA system.
        We also have a chat room that is open 24/7, and we have regularly scheduled chats, and this link will take you to the chat room schedule. http://www.msworld.org/community/cha...hat-room-info/
        good luck to you!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hello there. I'm sorry you're in this place, and hope you get answers soon.

I live now in Washington, DC, but I grew up in Houston - so welcome from a fellow Texan.

Comment

Hello LadyFox

I too am in Limbo. I've had the tests, seen one neuro (who doesn't think it's MS), waiting for appointment at an MS specialty clinic. I'm sorry your dealing with this 'whatever-it-is'. And the VA system.

Comment

Working...
            X