Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE FROM DJinTN

Hi Everyone,
    First let me thank you for those of you (7) who responded to my 1st message. I had 148 views. My mouth fell open when I saw that. This is such a wonderful place. I had to delete my 1st message to put a 2nd one up, is that right?

Anyway, I have been on the Ampyra since Aug. 24th. Only 2 weeks with no side effects. I believe it's working but it's really too early to tell. I had the trial period with the Spinal Cord Stimulator and I have decided it worked well enough that I will have one put in permanently. It is done on an outpatient basis and it will be done at Vanderbilt in Nashville. I see the neurosurgeon Sept. 14 for a consultation. Then we go from there. Yes, I'm scared and nervous but I'm so tired of the chronic pain I have from the autonomic neuropathy I can hardly stand it. The neurotransmitter sends signals to the brain and instead of pain I feel the muscles being stimulated. It's sort of like a TENS unit. You can adjust which setting you want. I think it's pretty cool. During the trial I just turned it off at night.

Once I'm off my feet and have had my meds I don't feel too bad. I just refuse to lay in bed all day if I can help it. I hope this helps someone else down the road. The program offers a website with stories and videos from real patients. If I can help you in any way or if you would like more info about it you may contact me at *****e-mail address removed as per guidelines. You may put it in your profile***** I hope this finds you well. Talk to you soon.
    Debby

Hello Debby

Thanks for stopping by with the update!

Glad to hear you've had no side effects from Ampyra. And also that your trial run with the Spinal Cord Stimulator went well enough for you that you've decided to get a permanent one.

Good luck on September 14th with the neurosurgeon consultation. This type of pain management does sound pretty cool! Also the idea of an outpatient procedure sounds good to me

Best wishes to you that the Spinal Cord Stimulator brings you the much needed relief

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X