Hi all !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NMO ?

Back from the neurologist. It is not MS, brain is clear and spine has one minimal hydromyelia of the cord T8-T9. Doctor said he was suprised MS wasn't evident in the scans, he thought I would be an easy dx based on my exam.

NMO is his thought now. I had labs drawn today - paraneoplastic syndrome profile,NMO IgG autoantibodies, Vit D, Vit B12, JCV AB with index, homocysteine, lyme wb, and methylmalonic acid.

If I get a negative blood result for NMO , I will be getting an LP to check CSF for whatever, doc said there were false negatives in blood.

Doc said not fatal like ALS, but that I could have mobility issues, especially since I have troubles now.

So that's me. Not MS, maybe NMO. Guess I can move to that board

Thanks for the input and advice I've gotten so far.

Darr

Comment

a clear brain doesn't rule out MS--my brain has always looked clear on MRI (despite brain stem lesion that causes occasional TN and prior autonomic issues.) I first presented with clear brain MRI and nasty, swollen 5-segment thoracic lesion. I had no o-bands either from 2 taps. 2 separate NMO tests were negative.

In my totally non-professional opinion, it is too soon to rule out MS--but checking for NMO is prudent, as well as the other tests. Ugh, I commiserate on the angst of trying to figure things out. Hang in there!
      RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Working...
      X