MRI results tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI results tomorrow

I'm so scared.. All of my symptoms have pointed to ms so far. But tomorrow I'll know for a fact.
    I've been suffering from symptoms for a few years now but my mother refused to take me to the doctor. In the last year it's gotten a lot worse so I finally got an MRi.
    They have me the disk with my pictures a few days after I got it. I'm no neurologist but I had to take a look to see if I could see anything abnormal...I'm so stressed right now. I don't know what go do...what will I do. I'm only 21 years old. This is not how it should be I'm trying to stay positive. It's hard.

Hi Sephine,
    I'm glad you found us here, sorry for the reason tho.
    Take a deep breath & relax. Tomorrow will bring you answers, hopefully, and a plan of action.
    You should take time today to write down whatever questions you have for your doctor. Tomorrow you may be stressed & forget things you wanted to ask. Be prepared to write down answers too, details will fly out of your head if a lot gets tossed at you. If you can & you're comfortable with it, take someone you trust with you. A support person can help with remembering questions/answers/details.

Whatever the doctor says, MS or something else, learn all you can about treatment options, and stay positive. Keep us posted.

Hugz
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Hi Stephine,
      I am also new here, and I know how you feel. I was and I am still scared just like you are. Just like you I feel it is not fair, but it is what it is and we need to learn to deal with that.
      I found a lot of informations and support here.
      Read,talk and ask. It helps.
      I felt alone and overwhelmed, but this group made me feel a lot better.
      Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Sephine,

I think we can all identify with how scary all this can be. I try to just deal with each step as it comes. Waiting for answers can be very stressful as well as trying to get answers to all your questions. Like bosman said, this is a great place to come for advice, information and to connect with those that understand how you feel and what you are going through.

I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago and know exactly what you are feeling. I am lucky to have a great support system and a great neuro, but even that didn't stop my extreme level of anxiety when I was first diagnosed. A great friend of mine helped me to find ways to reduce my anxiety. By doing that, I was able to just breath and cope much better. I also try to remain as positive as possible but that's not to say I don't have days when I think this MS thing really stinks! I just try to not let it overwhelm me. TinaP303 had great advice as well. Write down your questions and if you can, definitely take someone with you.

I wish you luck Sephine. Please let us know how you made out. There are lots of people here who care and are here to listen. You are not alone!
        RRMS: Diagnosed July 2013
        Assistive Device: cane.
        Meds: Copaxone, Ampyra, Vitamin D

Comment

Thank you so much guys.
          My MRI came back negative. The doctor says my brain looks good.
          But I still can't just accept that and continue on living my life like these things happening to me are normal.
          It's not normal to be in all this pain. These headaches are not normal. My legs and hands going numb is not normal. The list goes on and on...
          My doctor is absolutely terrible, he didn't even remember who I was or what I was there for. I don't have health insurance so I have to go to the local community care.
          Are there any other ms tests? I have heard in some cases a patient can have ms but have no signs of it on an MRi.
          Ahhhh! What is wrong with me I just want an answer. I'm not fine.

Comment

I wish I had some magic words to give you.
            I know you said that your doctor was "absolutely terrible", is there another one at the center you can see?
            Symptoms like yours are not imaginary and need to be investigated and properly treated.
            Do you have an appointment for any more testing?
            You don't say why you're uninsured, or what state you're in, but there are programs to get insurance (trying to help, not preach!)

Hang in there.

Hugz
            "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."

Comment

He didn't suggest any other tests. And I'm not sure. But I believe they will all exibit the same amount of care because of the facility and the number of people they have to see.
              I would like to know of other tests though because I really need to know what this is.
              No one is taking me seriously.
              I'm keeping my head up but I'm going crazy.

Comment

Have you been tested for lime disease ?

Comment

Other tests

Lupus
                  Sarcoidosis
                  Myasthenia Gravis
                  Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Those are a few other problems that have symptoms that can be similar to MS like symptoms.

I know you're hurting, I'm sorry I can't help more.
                  Hugz

Comment

No I have not actually. Is that something that would cause similar symptoms?

Comment

Would a b12 deficiency show up in a blood test? Because my blood test came back all good.

Comment

Only if they tested for it.
                        I don't think it's part of a regular check up.

Comment

Oh well then I will need to go get my b12 checked. Hopefully it's something as simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                          X