STILL LEARNING AT 54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STILL LEARNING AT 54

HI, I AM A 54 YEAR OLD WOMAN WHO WAS DX IN MAY OF 09, WAS WORKING FULL TIME AT A NURSING HOME, HAD TO GO TO PART TIME, BECAUSE OF THE WEAKNESS MY MS SPELL CAUSED ME. I HAVE 2 CHILDREN, A SON WHO IS 25 AND MARRIED AND A DAUGHTER WHO IS 21 AND GOING TO COLLEGE TO BE A NURSE. MY HUSBAND IS 60 AND WORKS FULL TIME, HE HAS GREAT INS. BENEFITS OR WE WOULD BE IN TROUBLE BECAUSE OF MY MS. HAVE 3 DOGS AND 1 CAT, ALL RESCUE ANIMALS. I AM TRYING TO STAY FOCUSED ON POSITIVE THINKING WITH MY MS, THE CHAT ROOM HAS HELPED ME ALOT. WHICH I COULD BEAT THIS FATIGUE, OH WELL I WILL SOMEDAY. GOT TO CLOSE, BYE FOR NOW

Hang in there

Still Learning:
    I was DX in Feb. 2003. Fatigue is my worst symptom, but I hope you have better luck in beating it.
    COPAXONE - Feb. '03
    Dx - Feb. '03
    1st Sx - March '88

Comment

Hello LKrue

Welcome to the MS World Forums - glad you stopped by to introduce yourself!

MS Fatigue is one of the most common symptoms - and it can be very debilitating

It's tough to work full-time with severe fatigue. I understand why you have gone to part-time. Nursing home work can be very demanding.

Have you and your doctor ever discussed the medications for fatigue? There are a few that many of our members find beneficial. Also, there are some supplements that many of our members have found useful in alleviating fatigue.

We have a Medications Forum, and also Tara's Nutrition and Supplement Notebook Forum where these things are discussed.

Yes, it's great that your husband carries good insurance. That's one less headache

I also think it's great that you have 4 rescue animals. You are an angel to care enough to adopt 3 dogs and a cat

It's nice to hear that chat is helping you, and you are trying to keep positive.

Hope to see you around the message boards too.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

RobbieSue

Hi RobbieSue

Welcome to MS World!

If you want, you can start a thread and tell us a little bit about yourself

Just click on New Thread at the bottom left side of the Tell Us About Yourself Forum page.

Glad to have you aboard!

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

STILL THINKING POSITIVE

HI,

THANKS ROBBIESUE AND KOKO, I WILL STAY P0SITIVE.

I AM TAKING NUVIGIL FOR FATIGUE AND VIT D. I THINK THEY ARE STARTING TO WORK, AM HAVING TO PUT IN A 40 HOUR WEEK BECAUSE OF VACATIONS, STARTING TO FEEL IT. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUGGESTIONS. TAKE CARE AND GOD'S BLESSING
          LKrue

Comment

Working...
          X