Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter diagnosed 2 years ago

Hello everyone!
    My husband and I have a daughter that was diagnosed with MS two years ago, at the age of 19 when she was in her first year of college. A few days before the diagnosis she began experiencing difficulty with her vision. That difficulty turned into Optical Neuropathy and she woke up one morning in her dorm room and could not see at all out of her right eye. Well, it's two years later and she has been on Rebif ever since being diagnosed. Oh, and yes she did regain her eyesight. I have been reading on these boards for two years and finally decided to join. At first I was afraid to join because I just couldn't bear to read any awful stories or complications. But, it seems that this is more of a support area and I'm so happy that I have finally taken this step.

Enough of my ranting! Thanks and I'm happy to be here.

chubette, welcome!!!!!!! a big pat on the back for trying to get a grasp on this for your daughter. i look forward to seeing more of you around.
    ps, i used to work with a guy that was dx at 18, he is still working today and he`s 45! you wouldn`t know he has ms.

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

chubette

its nice to c it help u to about your daughter and your love for her

Comment

Hello Chubette

Welcome to MS World - so glad you've joined our Forums! (after checking us out for 2 years)

You are a thoughtful and caring Mom to want to learn all you can about MS. Understanding this disease isn't easy, even for those of us who have MS.

You said your daughter has regained her eyesight. That's wonderful

Since being on Rebif for the past two years, has there been any more relapses? Also wondering if your daughter is still able to go to college. In any case, I hope she is doing well.

You might already know your way around the various Forums. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, and we'll help if we can.

Best wishes to you and your family

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X