hopper makes me happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopper makes me happy

I just thought I would write about something positive that happened to me. My very close friend had to get rid of her bunny, since I have no pets I took it. I didn't want a dog because I live in Brooklyn and don't want to leave a dog inside all day. I didn't want a cat because I can't stand the litter box! Turns out I am a bunny person. Hopper is a 1 year old male dwarf bunny. He is gray with a little brown. He plays fetch and loves exploring his new home. He likes when I hold him and pet him. I put him in a harness (for little dogs) and take him into the back yard. He hops all over the place. He has made this diagnosis much easier for me because I know when I go home I have something that NEEDS ME to care for it. Petting him always makes me feel happy. Basically Hopper makes me happier! I hope everyone feels their best today!!!!

Jennifer, that's so great. I too wish that everyone had something that made them feel so much better. May you and Hopper have many years of enjoyment ahead.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Congrats on your new friend! They make awesome pets. I have 3 litter trained house bunnies myself. We've always had some in the house, my aunt was a breeder and would always find homes for those that didn't sell as show or pet bunnies...quite often mine

Love 'em to pieces. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Hopper .

Comment

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for sharing your heartwarming experience with taking in Hopper

I'm wondering, is a male dwarf bunny smaller than the typical neighborhood type rabbit?

In any case, glad you have a cute pet to love and be loved by

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hi Jennifer

Thanks for sharing your heartwarming experience with taking in Hopper

I'm wondering, is a male dwarf bunny smaller than the typical neighborhood type rabbit?

In any case, glad you have a cute pet to love and be loved by

Take care,
          KoKo
          Much smaller, KoKo. Their proportions are different as well. Bigger,rounder heads in proportion to their body than average size bunnies. My last dwarf weighed about 1.75 lbs.

Comment

MrsBones

Dwarf bunnies sound totally cute

Take care,
            KoKo
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

hi jennifer and welcome!!!!!! i had bunnies when i was younger, but i had a male and female togetheri don`t need to tell you what happened!!! anyway, it`s great to have you here, i look forward to seeing more of you. good luck.

dave
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

thanks everyone

I am really enjoying taking care of Hopper. I like being "needed" and he keeps me moving and we all know how important that is.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
                  hi jennifer and welcome!!!!!! i had bunnies when i was younger, but i had a male and female togetheri don`t need to tell you what happened!!! anyway, it`s great to have you here, i look forward to seeing more of you. good luck.

dave

One word....neuter!

Jenniferautumn, not a bad idea for a single bunny, either. It eliminates the risks of very,very common health issues as well as has the potential to prevent some common behavioral issues. But do your research thoroughly on vets before trusting little Hopper to anyone. Rabbits are considered exotics and most vets don't know how to treat them properly.

While bunnies don't need regular shots, etc like dogs and cats, a good rabbit vet should be on hand in case of emergency. I'm so happy for you that Hopper found you!

Comment

Pictures...? I looove bunnies... i miss mine my last bunny I had in HS, he moved to my first apartment with me and everything, Charlie Sweet Pea, he was a little blue/gray Mini Lop I was heartbroken when I lost him. Have fun with him

Comment

Bunnies are great!

I had bunnies too when I was younger, but also made the mistake of putting a boy and girl together... Well, we know what happens. I think I had 23 bunnies by the end of the summer!

My last little pet passed away in January. I had an African Pygmy Hedgehog. She was so sweet. Not a pet for everybody though. I was lucky and I had an outgoing one. She rarely balled up and actually liked to be held and run around the house in a big ball.

I still have a kitty and now a new puppy. My horse is 21 now and I haven't ridden him much lately. Not at all this year.

I lost my sweet old dog of close to 15 years in June. I am still heartbroken, but the new puppy keeps me busy.

I would be lost without my pets! They are my sanity and keep me up and going.

Comment

Working...
                      X