Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I am new to the message boards. I was diagnosed with MS in 2004. However, since my late 20's, I've been considered to have "possible" MS. I'm taking Copaxone and doing very well with it. I'm retired, been married for 40 years, have a son, two granddaughters, a dog, and a happy life. I look forward to meeting all of you and exchanging/receiving advice, support, and fellowship.

Cammie

welcome cammie!!!!! great to have you. did you retire due to disability or age? i look forward to seeing more of you in the future.

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Welcome Cammie! I am sorry that you have to be here but glad you found us. We can use input from you to help us too!

I have been married 37 yrs., 2 grown children, 7 grands, and a dog who keeps me active.

I am glad that you are doing so well on your meds and will keep the positive thoughts for you to continue doing well.
      "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Hello Cammie

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

Gosh, it's nice to hear that you've been married for 40 years, and still have a happy life That's terrific!

Also good news that you are doing well on Copaxone

Glad you've joined us here - it's a great place for support and encouragement, as well as information and interesting topics. Any questions, just ask. Feel free to browse the various Forums, and even post a thread with a topic if you want to.

Looking forward to seeing you around

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello

Thank you for the warm welcome! I was lucky with retirement. With the Federal Government, I was able to retire at age 55. My MS was at its worse the last 6 months. My office participated in telecommuting, so I was able to work from home the last 6 months. If that option had not been available, I would have had to retire on disability.

I have really been blessed. My husband and son are both very supportive and help me whenever I need it. I did tell them that I wanted to do for myself as much as possible, and that I would ask when I needed their help. I have a very strong need to live as normally as possible. I know that there may come a day when I will need help. Until then, I'll do for myself.

I look forward to sharing with everyone. Again, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X