a new life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a new life

Hello all. My name is Lee. I am new to the battle. I had a strong feeling that something was wrong about 3 years ago when my right ear was a little clogged along with a high pitch buzzing sound. After being diagnosed I now think back to an episode I had when I was a child of sudden paralysis for a few hours. So maybe the ms was stirring in me for a while. Ignorance is bliss.

Here I am 20 years after. This past September one day I was at the gym benching 225 lbs. I was in the best shape of my life. The next, I have a big lesion and one of the biggest hotshot brain surgeons that Boston has to offer tells me that he thinks the chances of lymphoma are "overwhelming".

He was wrong. My left side went paralyzed and then came back to about 70%. Then on Thanksgiving my eyes started moving without me wanting them to, and after 5 day drip of steroids My doctor told me the news and here I am. I thought I was going to have cancer and die.

I can attest that ms can certainly be hard to diagnose. The process of getting here almost broke me at times, but here I am. Fighting. Pushing. Moving forward. You all are WARRIORS. You are my strength. This hole experience is a trip. I now walk amongst society and suffer silently.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Welcome to the boards. Thanks for the 'warrior' compliment. We are, surely, in a battle with this MonSter. Glad you found us. Good luck

Comment

Hello leej84 and welcome to MSWorld
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Welcome to our MS world. Sounds like you have had a rough start. I have has MS since 1997. Thank you for calling us warriors. You will be too! Just remember to always think positive.
        toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
        Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Welcome Lee. MS is a shocking diagnosis, but much better than a diagnosis of cancer and death. We are here to help each other out. Stay positive, and use the resources available....like this site.

Take care of yourself.

Catnick18
          DX Secondary Progressive MS Sept 2013

Comment

Working...
          X