Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello, I am here because I seriously think I have MS. I had a neuro exam and have MRIs this Thursday and that eye test they do. I'm currently in what I believe a severe flare. I have a million questions pertaining to this flare. It's been 4 months now and it has effected just about every part of me. I'll try to navigate around the forum to see where to post my questions. Thank you in advance.

Hi shel67 and welcome to MSWorld. I'm so sorry you have been experiencing problems for 4 months now. It must be frustrating and difficult to maintain!

When you had your neuro exam, what did the Dr. say about your symptoms? Did s/he give any indications as to what might be going on? Any mention of steroids or other meds to calm down the sx?

I hope your upcoming MRI rules out MS, but if not, you've come to a good place here. Let us know what you find out and good luck this Thursday!!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

She really didn't say much. Just that it was sensory. I'm dealing with a resident who consults with a doctor. She said I need the MRIs and the eye test and they are looking for MS. I'm getting them done tomorrow and the follow up was for July 6 which with my symptoms getting bad I called and said I can't wait that long ago I have the follow up next week.

Nothing was offered me because she said she needs to know what MRIs say. I went to ER twice hoping that could get something happening. All they did was give me Benzos for anxiety. The ER says to get the MRIs done and I guess my symptoms aren't bad enough to check me out there. The imbalance / dizzy/ sensory processing issues are the worst. But since I'm somewhat better I think the anxiety drugs is what made it worse or maybe it's relenting. I'm learning everyday is un predictable.

I'm working 9 hour days and I'm wondering if that along with the anxiety and stress is what's making the symptoms worse.

I tried last year to get doctors to take my symptoms seriously and I saw a doctor 4 years ago and they all suggested anxiety and perimenopause. I bought into it even though I knew some of my symptoms like the slurred speech for 2 months and the spaced outness wasn't normal for either. I do think symptoms are influenced by menstrual cycle. Every flare to my memory came with cycle. This last one in Jan started the day period did and I felt improvement when the cycle came the next month. This last cycle is when I felt a major set back and when all this stuff began 4 years ago I hemorrhage that month. So, who knows.

Comment

Working...
      X