Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopes, dreams and wishes...

Hello Everyone,

I am Lilac, I have had MS since 1998 and was diagnosed in 2008. I have been through a lot in the meanwhile, like divorce and raising 4 great kids on my own (still have many more years to go). I tried copaxone to start, but had a massive allergic reaction and decided that I did not want to try any more ms drugs. I have done lots of research and decided to see a naturopathic dr. and use diet and supplements to keep my MS at bay.

I have slowly healed from a bad marriage and looking at life differently - it is too short to focus on the negative. I have been reflecting on what I want to do in life, sort of like a bucket list, but so much more. Not looking at life as though I need to hurry up and get things done before I go - instead looking at how I am living my life and seeing if that truly fits with who I am. Since I started doing this I have started taking guitar lessons, did my first Reiki lesson, took a mindfulness training, living life in a more greene way and overall trying to take better care of myself.

What is left? I would love to quit my job and teach yoga and zumba, do reiki to help others heal, spend more time taking care of my kids, take an art class. Oh yes and get lots and lots of sleep

A silly dream of mine would be to take belly dancing lessons and go into a competition and win.

When my kids have grown I want to move to a better climate.

And since I am talking about my hopes and dreams, I wish I could find a man to be with who could show my kids what a good, caring, loving father really is. And as if that wasn't enough a man who would really and truly love me for who I am.

Sorry about the ADDness of my post - it is later than I realized turning into a pumpkin
    Lilac

Hello Lilac and welcome to MSWorld! Glad you found your way here! You had a long period of time before you were dx. I waited 10 years also.

Life does have it's challenges, doesn't it, but you sound like you've found a comfortable center in which to balance things out. Going through a divorce and raising 4 kids on you own is no small feat! It's great you have opened up to creating a healthy lifestyle and have many interests. There can be a fulfilling life beyond MS.

looking at how I am living my life and seeing if that truly fits with who I am.
    I like your perspective and hope you can fulfill many of your future dreams. Some man in your future will be lucky to have found you
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X