hobo1975

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hobo1975

I am newly diagnosed with MS and am just coming to terms with it. It has taken 18 months of tests & consultations and it was a relief in a way to be told that there was a reason for the symptoms I was experiencing. I can't say I'm enjoying any of them, particularly the fatigue that hits at any time, usually without warning. My fsmily has been brilliant and help out when all I can do is play the dying swan on the settee!! I am taking each day as it comes and try to pace myself so I am able to remain as active as possible.

hobo1975

Just had a peek at my profile & it doesn't say a great deal about me. I am 40 years old with 2 children aged 15 & 17 and 2 step children of the same age. I live with my husband of 13 years and my son and stepdaughter. I am laso the proud owner of 5 cats and 1 dog. I have a recent diagnosis of MS but as yet we don't know which type. I enjoy crochet reading, walking the dog, although somedays that activity is hard through fatigue & stiffness. I take each day as it comes. I am in the process of establishing how much I can do and for how long before I have to sit/lie down before falling down.

Comment

Hi!

Hello Hobo and welcome! I am 40 as well and found out about my MS about 2 months after my birthday. I see you are from the UK? I actually spent my January birthday in Paris and London! London is a fantastic city...but I digress. I came home to bad news. This is a yucky diagnosis, to be sure.

Have you chosen a disease modifying drug yet? I picked Rebif and it's been okay so far but I guess time will tell. You seem to have a great outlook and I think that goes a long way with this disease.

Anyways, enjoy MSWORLD! I've found there are a LOT of knowledgable people here and combing these posts have given me a zillion questions and ideas to bring to my neurologist. It makes me feel like I'm fighting and being proactive when so much of MS is out of our control.
      "It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
      I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Working...
      X