Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning!

Good morning.

I was introduced to this site by another member here at a support group meeting a few days ago, and loving it. I am a single mom of a 14 yr. old son, and live near Ottawa, Ontario.

I was diagnosed in Sept. 2013 with what my Neurologist and I believe is SPMS. Although I've had attacks in the past....from flashing in the eyes, occasional numbness, to having Bells Palsy that lasted about a month, I still drive and am able to get around well (cautiously). For the last 3 weeks or so, I've started using a cane whenever I go out somewhere. It helps me feel more secure that I won't trip and end up on the ground. I prefer that, to hanging on to everything.

I'm currently not on any meds, but not in denial that the day may come. I think it's so important for us to connect with others who have MS. Feeling part of a group with people going through the same battles is so important for me.....for sharing info, stories, and hope. If I ever run into anyone struggling to find a place to connect with others who have MS, and they have a computer, I'll definitely tell them about this wonderful place.

Thanks for reading my story, and have a great weekend. See you in the chat room.

Hi and Welcome, I am not sure why nobody has responded but all the boards are monitored by volunteers so probable a busy weekend. A big hello from everyone and you will find a ton of good people on here that (get it). Look at all the sub forums and ask away tons of experience here with the MonSter .

PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

Originally posted by tortis View Post
      Hi and Welcome, I am not sure why nobody has responded but all the boards are monitored by volunteers so probable a busy weekend. A big hello from everyone and you will find a ton of good people on here that (get it). Look at all the sub forums and ask away tons of experience here with the MonSter .

PEACE
      Tortis
      Ditto

WELCOME TO MSWORLD! It is great to have you here! Anything that makes you feel more secure is a good thing ( your cane). I remember when I started using one and now much easier it made things. I have progressed to the point that I am now in a wheelchair 24/7 and even though I am "stuck" in this wheelchair, it has made all sorts of things possible.
      Like was already said, look around and get comfortable with the site, and if you are so inclined, we have a wide variety of topics in chat. Take a look at those also. Good luck!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by tortis View Post

PEACE
        Tortis
        Thank you for replying....much appreciated.

Comment

Thank you hunter.

Comment

Working...
          X