It's all a bit foggy💭

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all a bit foggy💭

Hello all!!! I was 27 yrs young when my MS story began... I had a fun loving 4 year old boy and 7 mo. beautifully happy baby girl... My husband was at the peak in a work promotion and I was trying to be ready to compete in my first open water swim triathlon...

I still remember very vividly going up to the university's pool to get in on a few extended laps one night... Now that evening I hit a brick wall like I never had in my life... It was different than just simply feeling tired or wanting to give up for the night... My body literally just stopped...I barley could float... I will never forget it... I needed help getting out and I was perplexed ...I went home feeling defeated and later that word took on a whole new light... Defeated...

To make a long story short I will skip the good stuff and jump right into my diagnoses.
    I had a full MS diagnoses in less then 2 weeks... I know it's crazy and I know it was defeating... However I also felt like I hadn't just been losing my mind so relived was there too... It came in all it's glory one morning very early and woke me up. What you might ask? The MS!!! I had full blown Optic Neuritis (L) complete numbness left side of body face to toes, and I was walking more then a little funny...

In fact several people didn't think I should be walking at all... They wanted me sitting down... And we all know what that means😁 I had some other super pleasant issues as well that had to do with my spastic bladder... All testes, blood work, spinal taps, scans... Lead to one diagnoses... MS.... Now I am super grateful to my amazing team of doctors, nurses and my family for helping me and guiding me to act fast and be patient...

We all have things to learn in this life... I believe that whole heartily... So after much prayer and family time my husband and I picked a path... I started using Copaxone injections and really trying to eliminate stress out of my life... This all happened in 2010...

I am full of life and love... I find strength talking with others who have been affect by this disease... I think people make the difference... I hope to meet and find strength on this board... 😊

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hello Cookfam24 and welcome to MSWorld
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by Cookfam24 View Post
      To make a long story short I will skip the good stuff and jump right into my diagnoses.
      I had a full MS diagnoses in less then 2 weeks... I know it's crazy and I know it was defeating... However I also felt like I hadn't just been losing my mind so relived was there too... It came in all it's glory one morning very early and woke me up. What you might ask? The MS!!! I had full blown Optic Neuritis (L) complete numbness left side of body face to toes, and I was walking more then a little funny...
      Hi Cookfam and welcome to the best MS support group in the world! Many years ago, a very bad case of ON brought on my diagnose too, although I didn't have complete numbness - that came later on.. And like you, I felt tremendous relief that I was not losing my mind from various symptoms no one could figure out for 10 year prior. Relief in that I now had something tangible to work with. So, no your response is not "crazy" - or maybe we both are

I hope Copaxone works well for you. And I hope you do find strength here as that's what we're all about!

Take care and be sure to explore everything we have to offer
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X