Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction

Hello everyone,

I’m very glad to have found this site! I wanted to introduce myself before I posted on any threads elsewhere. I think I can keep it short and “sweet.”

I am a 30-something female living in the mid-Atlantic region. I have a partner of 10 years and a daughter who just turned 2! We recently bought our first house this past summer, and I’m in the process of finishing up my PhD in Epidemiology (hoping to finish officially in July 2015). Working hard on my dissertation and also keeping an eye out for positions for afterwards.

I was dx RRMS just over 4 yrs ago. My mom, maternal aunt, and paternal aunt also all have MS, with varying degrees of disability. I have been lucky so far in that clinically I am basically fine. Have had a few relapses but nothing even requiring steroid treatment or any serious intervention. I originally took Copaxone after diagnosis, then stopped for pregnancy. Started Tecfidera after giving birth and tried to stick with it for 6 months but then I couldn’t take the side effects any more (flushing was severe/painful/embarrassing! and occurred after almost every dose no matter what), so I switched back to Copaxone when it became the 3x/week formulation. Lately my MRIs are okay (some new lesions in Oct but basically stable in March) – clinically, I am stable. My main issue is paresthesias and fatigue, plus a little bit of spasticity, but when I “remit” I feel pretty normal, so again, I feel lucky.

I guess this was not so short! I really just wanted to say hi, and give a little bit of history on who I am. Looking forward to meeting some of you and learning a lot!

-Alice
    dx RRMS Feb 2011; Copaxone Mar 2011-July 2012; pregnancy; Tecfidera Apr 2013-Dec 2013; Copaxone Jan 2014-current

Hi Alice, and welcome to MSWorld! Hate the reason that you are here, but glad you found us.

It sounds like you have a lot to occupy your time - a 2yo, WOW. I had one of those in my early years with MS too, and it was a real challenge keeping up with her. I managed to loss about 20 pounds before she started kindergarten .

Be sure to check out everything and jump in anywhere you want. There is also a chat room (open 24/7) if you like those. Hope to see you around.

Comment

Hello Alice. Glad that you found this site. It is a very helpful site with many MSers contributing and sharing. I hope that you find the site helpful. Good luck

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD ALICE! We are so very glad to have you here! Wow! You have a lot on your plate. Take a look around and familiarize yourself with the site. I hope you like what you find. As was already mentioned, we also feature a chatroom, and there are specific chats on different days and different times. good luck to you
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

thank you so much for the warm welcome!
          I suppose it is a lot on my plate, but at least it's all good stuff right now :-)

msgijo, I would be thrilled to lose 20 lbs (okay maybe just 15) by the time my daughter gets to kindergarten

thanks again & look forward to posting/reading/learning more.
          dx RRMS Feb 2011; Copaxone Mar 2011-July 2012; pregnancy; Tecfidera Apr 2013-Dec 2013; Copaxone Jan 2014-current

Comment

Working...
          X