Just learning about MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just learning about MS

after 6 weeks of double vision, I was at the MS Clinic at St. Michael's in Toronto on Monday 30, 2015. Due to the spots on the MRI I have been given the 90% chance of having early on-set MS. Because of my age, 61, the Dr has given me a good outlook. However, it is of course a shock to find out that I am now an MS patient. Had a treatment of steroids for the past 3 days in the hopes it will move the double vision along. This is the only symptom I have had so I guess I am very lucky. Now I guess my next visit to TO will decide which medicine will be the best for me. I've already dealt with Thyroid Cancer and a hip replacement so this is just another hill to climb! I was just so relieved to find out that my double vision wasn't being caused by brain cancer, aneurysm or a stroke.

Hi and welcome although I wish it was for a better reason. You will find a lot of good people here and there is many years of experience with the (MonSter) M.S. Check out all the sub-forums and you will find people who have or have had the same thing you are going through.
    You need to edit your profile it says you were diagnosed with M.S. on May 30 2015.
    Nice to meet you and I hope you feel better soon.
    PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

Well KimHow, you have found the site where everyone knows about MS. I am sorry that you got the MS diagnosis because it is not a good one to get. Post often with your questions and observations. Good luck

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD! We are so glad you have found this site! you have certainly had plenty on your plate that you had to deal with. Take a look around and get familiar with our site, and don't forget the Chat rooms. There is at least one scheduled chat every day, some days there are more. Take a look at them and see if they are of interest to you we hope to see you there. Good luck to you.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by KimHow54 View Post
          after 6 weeks of double vision, I was at the MS Clinic at St. Michael's in Toronto on Monday 30, 2015. Due to the spots on the MRI I have been given the 90% chance of having early on-set MS. Because of my age, 61, the Dr has given me a good outlook. However, it is of course a shock to find out that I am now an MS patient. Had a treatment of steroids for the past 3 days in the hopes it will move the double vision along. This is the only symptom I have had so I guess I am very lucky. Now I guess my next visit to TO will decide which medicine will be the best for me. I've already dealt with Thyroid Cancer and a hip replacement so this is just another hill to climb! I was just so relieved to find out that my double vision wasn't being caused by brain cancer, aneurysm or a stroke.
          Greetings, and welcome!
          I'm in my early 40's and got my sobering news this past December. I didn't experience double vision, but I had some creepy vision issues which the color red got all distorted and my sight got really bad in both eyes which got me admitted in Umass for a couple of days with more tests, and another MRI.

I seen some MS educational context since then to learn more on it. Chatting with other people here helps a great deal too. You're not alone.
          Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

Working...
          X