Always learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always learning

I was diagnosed with MS this past August. I fall down a lot and walk with a drunken swagger. My husband is a saint for helping and putting up with me. I said that about him before any of the symptoms or the diagnosis. When I acknowledge that it could be worse, it keeps self-pity from setting in. I remind myself of some of my lifetime achievements prior to MS, I scraped, primed, and painted our two story house, gutted and remodeled our kitchen and bathroom, rebuilt the engine of our Honda Accord, sewn and quilted about 100 quilts, and much much more. I like to think that I needed to be that energetic back then because I know I can't do any of that now. Now, I have to remind myself that I was forced to slow down in everything that I do in order to enjoy it all while learning new ways to do old things.

dorOMA,
    i like your attitude!

glad you were able to do so much before dx! wow, sounded like a real whirlwind. but there is something to be said about slowing down & smelling the flowers (even just watching them grow)

keep telling your DH how wonderful he is and specifically things he does for you when he does. i'm afraid we (me) take our wonderful caretakers forgranted and that can lead to resentment.

stick around on MSW, we can always use a happy, positive person!

hang in there & God bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

DorHOMA: Poo is right we can always use positive energy here! Welcome to MS World! Look around at all of our message boards,ask and answer questions, or just come here to vent among people that totally understand you. Check out our chat rooms, arcade and more!

Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Thank you both for your kind response. Learning how to walk with the aid of ski poles. Just came back from a 20 minute walk. Did not fall. It's a good day!

Comment

Working...
        X