Rough Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough Time

Hi new friends..new to this and trying to navigate the site. I'm a 45 yr old lady, living in Ontario, Canada with rrms since 2006. I have been working quite steadily for the past 7 yrs..I am a nurse working n the community. The last month has taken its toll to say the least ! One of the worst flare ups. Jello legs,insane fatigue,tingling..it's all here! How long can I expect it to last guys? I just burst into tears daily ..I just want to cover my head and wake up when it's over. My hubby is such a love but I see the worry and concern which takes over him so I really don't have anyone to discuss this with. Two beautiful grown daughters,at school.i miss my job, I hate this..I feel so alone ..help...

Hi cb, and welcome. I've had MS since 2002. I'm 52. Grew up in Saskatoon, but, met and married a Kansan and have spent my adult life in the US. Still a Canadian citizen; have not become an American. Kansas is my home, but, Canada is definitely my roots.

My daughter reversed my footsteps and met and married a Canadian. They live in Wpg. She is in her last semester of nursing at U of M.

I have some OK times; some rough times. MS is like that. Life, though, has never been as easy for me, since MS, as it was prior to that.

Keep coming back!
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Cbinurse: Welcome to MS World! I am sorry you are in such a bad patch. Me too. I am in the hospital now with transverse myelitis and ON. I had to stop nursing a few years ago due to MS. It was a hard decision. Talk with your physician about your continuous symptoms, you may just need a change in DMT. When I first started Tysabri almost all of my symptoms disappeared. I have some lingering ones now after 30 months on the drug. Its not a miracle drug, but it sure keeps lesions away better than any other.

I will be praying for you to feel better. Let us know how things go.

Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X