Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting New Ways To Deal W/MS At Age 56

Hi Everyone,
    I'm hoping this will enlighten some of you, maybe make me a new friend and possibly help someone that is in the same rut as myself. I am female and have a small dachshund named Buster. We live in TN. I have SPMS and starting tomorrow (8/24/10) will start the new drug Ampyra that, hopefully, will get me off my walker and get me to start walking by myself soon. I've been on this walker since 11/08 when I was hospitalized with pneumonia for a month. It set me back and also set my MS back. This week or next week I will be scheduled to get a neurotransmitter partially implanted for 5 days to see if it helps with the pain I'm having in my right foot & leg with neuropathy. The pain takes my breath away. So the people at the pain clinic suggested this. I'll be in touch. Debby

Hello DJ,

Best of luck with Ampyra and the neurotransmitter. i hope they help you get up, walking on your own, and pain free.

Where are you in TN? I'm in TX, but love TN, beautiful country.

I hope you'll post again and update us on your progress. I'm struggling with painful neuropathy, too. I hope the neurotransmitter helps you.

Comment

Hello Debby

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you! We're glad you found us here!

Good luck with Ampyra - it seems to be helping many of our members. Have you checked out our Medications Forum? There are several threads about it, and the members that are using Ampyra keep the others informed as to how they're doing. Hopefully you will have success too

The neurotransmitter for pain sounds interesting. Please keep us informed as to the effects it has on your pain. It would be wonderful if it gives you much needed relief

Looking forward to seeing you around. I think you'll benefit from the various forums and the interesting topics. We have many supportive and encouraging members too.

Wishing you and Buster the best

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

DJ in TN welcome and thanks for a very informative introduction. You have given us something to think about with the neurotransmitter. I hope that it works very well for you because I can see that I might be in line for one soon.

Best wishes for the Ampyra. I hope that it does what you are looking for and also gets you off that walker for good.

Give Buster a pet for me. My dad's nickname is Buster so I am found of your dog already.
        "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Originally posted by notmyms View Post
          Hello DJ,

Best of luck with Ampyra and the neurotransmitter. i hope they help you get up, walking on your own, and pain free.

Where are you in TN? I'm in TX, but love TN, beautiful country.

I hope you'll post again and update us on your progress. I'm struggling with painful neuropathy, too. I hope the neurotransmitter helps you.
          Thank you for your message and for the encouragement. I live in a very small town called New Johnsonville, TN. It's about 1 & 1/2 hours west of Nashville. The town sits on the Kentucky Lake/Tennessee River area. My 2 kids live in Austin, TX. So far we have neuropathy in common. I guess we'll have to see what else Debby

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hello Debby

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you! We're glad you found us here!

Good luck with Ampyra - it seems to be helping many of our members. Have you checked out our Medications Forum? There are several threads about it, and the members that are using Ampyra keep the others informed as to how they're doing. Hopefully you will have success too

The neurotransmitter for pain sounds interesting. Please keep us informed as to the effects it has on your pain. It would be wonderful if it gives you much needed relief

Looking forward to seeing you around. I think you'll benefit from the various forums and the interesting topics. We have many supportive and encouraging members too.

Wishing you and Buster the best

Take care,
            KoKo
            KoKo,
            Thank you for the warm welcome and words of encouragement. I'll keep everyone informed of my progress with the Ampyra & the neurotransmitter. It's people like you that makes life with MS a little more worthwhile.
            Debby

Comment

Originally posted by cocogirl View Post
              DJ in TN welcome and thanks for a very informative introduction. You have given us something to think about with the neurotransmitter. I hope that it works very well for you because I can see that I might be in line for one soon.

Best wishes for the Ampyra. I hope that it does what you are looking for and also gets you off that walker for good.

Give Buster a pet for me. My dad's nickname is Buster so I am found of your dog already.
              cocogirl,
              Thank you for your message and words of encouragement. I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress with the Ampyra & also the neurotransmitter. So where is your pain or is that not a good question to start off with?
              So how did your dad get a nickname of Buster?
              Debby

Comment

Hi DJ,

it was a bit strange to see your name, and where you are from I thought I was losing my marbles for a minute.

Ive always called my best friend DJ, and she lived in TN until recently. A small town also about the same distance from Nashville as you were.

She now lives in Dallas area with her sister...so another commonality.

Anyway... I hope the meds help and the walker is soon history for you. Keep us posted on your progress. and welcome to a great site with very good people to know here.
                Janel Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner Child playing with matches.
                Dx date: 7/15/2010

Comment

Working...
                X