yooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yooper

I'm back, again! I'm not sure why I come and go.. I feel I get depressed, feel alone, so I come back to this site for support and information.
    I'm 43, mother of 6, grandmother.. I am engaged. but, I don't feel like anyone understands and that can be very lonely.
    My mother has MS also. I was diagnosed in 2009, she was diagnosed in 1993. My first cousin on my dads side also has MS.

MS is starting to kick my butt. This winter I had 2 relapses, the 2nd really messed me up and scared me. I had yet another MRI, and yet another Lesion has showed up in my Brain. I've now been on Tecfidera for 13 months.

I'm learning to count my blessings.. because I really do have many. At times I find it difficult to see them, oy.

U.P.

Hi from another yooper. I think you should cheer up just because we can not let the MonSter win. I mean, you are putting u.p. with -26 below zero temps with wind chills in the minus 30's, great weather we are having. and you do not give in. I can definitely relate to how you are feeling but know that we are all here for you. So you are never truly alone.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!
    Smile it makes people wonder what you have been up to.

PEACE

Tortis

Comment

When is this winter going to end? I live in southern MI and our temps are cold also. I'm just getting sick of single digits and sub temps when going to work in the morning. Hopefully the warmer weather in the coming months bring you back up and get over your relapses. God only gives you as much as you can handle. We must have some really broad shoulders.

Take care,
      Larry
      If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans!!!!!!!

Comment

Bark River

Bark River sounds familiar.. I know our high school has played yours in football
        Anyway.. I'm feeling a little better as this sunshine is helping my mood a bit. The bitter cold is horrible though. I have 3 dogs that need to run and play, this is not the weather for anyone. Well, CopperDog is this weekend!!
        Nice to meet you.
        Krista

Originally posted by tortis View Post
        Hi from another yooper. I think you should cheer up just because we can not let the MonSter win. I mean, you are putting u.p. with -26 below zero temps with wind chills in the minus 30's, great weather we are having. and you do not give in. I can definitely relate to how you are feeling but know that we are all here for you. So you are never truly alone.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!
        Smile it makes people wonder what you have been up to.

PEACE

Tortis

Comment

hi Larry

I lived in lansing for a year.. way back in the early 90's. I don't recall it getting too too cold back then, nor did it get much snow. I do believe things are a bit different down that way this year, last year also..

We have been dealing with wind chills as cold as almost -40 I believe... very bitter cold! Lake Superior is 90% frozen over. I'm sure we will be floating on 'icebergs' again this year, during the month of June (maybe July) this summer
          Nice to meet you!
          Krista

Originally posted by Larry K View Post
          When is this winter going to end? I live in southern MI and our temps are cold also. I'm just getting sick of single digits and sub temps when going to work in the morning. Hopefully the warmer weather in the coming months bring you back up and get over your relapses. God only gives you as much as you can handle. We must have some really broad shoulders.

Take care,
          Larry

Comment

Hello

Originally posted by xmsbehavinx View Post
            Bark River sounds familiar.. I know our high school has played yours in football
            Anyway.. I'm feeling a little better as this sunshine is helping my mood a bit. The bitter cold is horrible though. I have 3 dogs that need to run and play, this is not the weather for anyone. Well, CopperDog is this weekend!!
            Nice to meet you.
            Krista
            Nice to to meet you to!!!
            Tortis

Comment

Doing any better yet? The swing of temperatures are messing with me.

Larry
              If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry K View Post
                Doing any better yet? The swing of temperatures are messing with me.

Larry
                Hey Larry! I am not quite as extreme as I was, that's for sure. I am still dealing with major spasms in my legs, back and neck though. I really wish it would stop and all my pain would go away!!!

Sorry to hear these temps are making it tough for you. My mom, who was diagnosed with MS in 1993, is having a rough time this winter as well. She has been hospitalized twice. Not fun.

Take care Larry! Today should be a really nice day!!

Krista

Comment

Working...
                X