body heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body heat

I live in CA and am having a hard time controlling my body heat - cold? It has been a very mild winter and it's almost like spring here. Any answers? Thanks!

Hi Joey,
    MSF (Multiple Sclerosis Foundation/ MS Focus) has a cooling program where they will provide you cooling products for free. There is just a short application process. You can access the application here: http://www.msfocus.org/Cooling-Program.aspx

Or, if you can afford it, Polar Products offers some pretty neat cooling products too. http://www.polarproducts.com/polarshop/pc/home.asp

Hope this helps some!
    Jessi

Comment

I live in NC and we have mild winters too. However, restaurants and places like that still blast the AC. I noticed you put cold as a ?, so I just wanted to say that what I do is bring some hand warmers and put them in my back pockets, they keep my butt and me warm. At home I have an electric blanket that I live under on low. Cold can be just as symptom producing (spasticity) for MSers as heat.

Welcome!

Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

The heat

Hey Joey, I'm in So Cal too. Actually in Palm Springs so I know about the heat. I don't really notice any difference from before I got sick to now.
        Except one weekend I was at a 4th of July BBQ and unbeknownst to me I had blacked out. My husband said that I was talking jibberish and he wheeled me into the house. I had won a cooling vest from Polar Products and I had thought ahead of time, and I wasn't even a boys out lolo, anyway I put that on and after I had cooled down I was able to go back out and enjoyed the rest of the day.
        The heat is just starting do take advantage of any help you can get and be prepared!

Comment

Working...
        X