I have MS and I broke my hip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have MS and I broke my hip

One year ago, almost to the day, I slipped on a piece of paper on a tile landing and landed squarely on the head of my left femur causing it to crack. I had the femur and ball replaced and spent the remaining part of 2014 rehabbing my body. I am happy to report that I am almost back to normal - original equipment is usually best but what I have works great. That day ended my 50+ years of skiing, but, once again, I am taking 1 - 3 mile walks weather permitting. Mostly I want to tell everyone that recovery is possible, not easy, but possible. My greatest problem was spasms in my groin which were not well controlled by Baclofen.

Diagnosed 1993
    Meds only Baclofen

Welcome to MSWorld, jward and ouch!! Sorry to hear of your fall, but glad to hear you are recovering quite well. I have had my share of falls too - so many time of banging up my ankle that I had to have surgery on it last fall. And you're right - with the help of PT, recovery is possible!

Thanks for sharing your story and hope to see you around. We have lots to explore on our site, so make yourself at home with our MS family.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X