New Crossroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Crossroads

I've been putting off posting because I typically don't like talking about myself, but I feel like a creeper just view everyone's post without saying a word. Plus I would like some feedback from you seasoned veterans.☺️ So here goes nothing, my life in a nutshell.

I was diagnosed when I was 20 (several years ago). Things have been pretty good since then. A few flare ups, mostly with fatigue and some walking difficulties. All in all have always recovered pretty well. Fatigue and head/neck pain are my daily battles but I know things could have been much worse so not complaining.

I'm a wife, mother and am employed in the medical field for the past 20 plus years. My house is a bit crazy with four teenagers (3 of which are mine) and a one year old grandson.

In the past year I have become more worn down. I enjoy my job a lot (I do medical billing) but getting ready in the mornings burns my energy, and with the headaches and difficult concentrating I am getting frustrated at work.

So my question is has anyone successfully (or not) attempted to convince their employer to allow them to work from home a couple of days a week? My job is 90% online and 10% phone. All appealing denied or rejected claims with various insurance companies. My company does offer some telecommuting but not with my position.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks for listening and for sharing your stories. As I mentioned earlier I have 'creeped' various posts and have found comfort in knowing there are others who share my struggles and continue to overcome.
    Dx 1990 RRMS

Slow welcome

Hi and welcome. I do not know why you have not been welcomed quicker than this but I can assure you are very welcome. I just wish it was not because of the MonSter.
    Once again, hello!!!!!
    PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

Yes, welcome. I am sorry, too, that you were not welcomed earlier. So many posts here, sometimes, I guess, that it can be easy for me to miss seeing some of them.

I haven't had your circumstances, in which I needed to request working from home. But, it certainly sounds like a good option. I have a friend who has MS who does mostly management in her job, which can be done from home. Working online, in her jammies, is the way she works now, rather than going in to an office. Saves her employer paying for a space for her too. Works well in her situation. Is probably worth a try, IMO.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

No worries

Tortis/Mamabug no worries. I know people don't just sit here on this site waiting for new people to post. Well, I hope not anyway. Myself I have a husband, four teenagers, a one year old grandson and two dogs all under one roof so not a lot of time for myself. Which actually helps ward off the self pity that sometimes wants to creep in.

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes. Hope you guys have a blessed day.

Today's thought...'I complained about having no shoes till I met a man who had no feet'.
        Dx 1990 RRMS

Comment

Working...
        X