Back again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again

Zeak aka Sue. Been off for a long long time. Mother was dx'd with stage 4 cancer and I was her caretaker, she passed peacefully. I'm having ms issues again. 2 relapses since Oct 2014, another currently. Am doing steroids IV therapy. 2 more days then hopefully better. Extremely exhausted. That and rebif not tolerated so been dropped to 1/2 dose since spring, guess that is not enough to keep relapses at bay. Dr is trying to get me on Gylenia. Bababa. I don't mean to be a downer but its rough. Hubby bless him, is a great support. Hope all is good with you all. The MonSter may win this battle but I will put up a good fight always.

Welcome back zeak! - I remember you posting about your mom's passing, and again, I'm so sorry, but it's good to have you back.

Sorry too for the struggles with MS since last fall and btw, you are not being a downer here! We all have out good times and our rough ones - it's reality for most of us.

I hope Gilenya works out better for you and the steroids work well
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

keep fighting!!!

zeak, just keep fighting the best you can!
      the MonSter only wins when we give up the fight to it.
      sorry about your mother. it's hard to watch cancer kill them. it hard to lose our mothers, no matter what our age. my lost her battle with breast/ bone/ lung cancer in 2005. time helps some.

hang in there!

take care & God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I fear the monster wins one way or the other. But then every living being dies.

Have to say, MS has made my life more interesting. It's not boring, Anyhoo.
        Not run of the mill.

Not the usual story, married, children, work, retirement, cruise etc.
        Nope, MS at 27, how do I cope? Coping by denial worked brilliantly. Not possible these days.
        Challenges here there and everywhere, and way too early.

MS is in no way a blessing in disguise, but you do find inner reserves of courage.

Comment

Hi zeak and welcome back

I don't mean to be a downer but its rough.
          Yes. Take care
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Welcome back, Zeak. Sorry for your loss.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Glad to be back

Glad to be back. Thank you all for your constant support. Yes we all help each other in one way or the other. I am doing better today, had my last IV therapy this am so am keeping a positive thoughts of recovery from this relapse. Still waiting about gylenia. Soon I hope. Until then I will keep using 22 mcg of Rebif, some is better than none.

Comment

The rain

Zeak-

You sure have been thru it recently. I know it's tough but just keep on keeping on!

Yes grieve. Yes allow some time to be ticked about how our bodies betray us.

Now, what do you like to do? For me it's photography. And although I've had to make adjustments (tremors demand tripods &#128563 I love to get out there and snap those wonderful expressions or beautiful views! It's therapeutic. And I do sometimes have to make myself get out there because this MS is so exhausting! But i refuse to not fight as long as I have fight in me!
                Dx 1990 RRMS

Comment

to all

IV steriods seem to be working, taking longer to regain, but its coming and I WILL NOT ALLOW THE MonSter WIN. I will always fight the fight. Still fighting exhaustion but am fighting. I hope all of you are doing good.
                  I finally am getting to a support group here in FL for both myself and my caretaker, hubby this upcoming weekend. Looking forward to going. Take care all. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Comment

Glad to hear that you've found a support group, Zeak. The more ppl we can find who "get" what we are going through, the better.
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                    X