All about me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All about me...

I was diagnosed with RRMS in January 2010. I have overcame a lot of struggles. From being a STNA one day to being zapped the next with SOLU MEDROL, having a mini stroke, achieving sobriety August 27, 2010 , falling and messing up my knee and ending up in a wheelchair, from not being able to walk to long grueling hours of physical therapy and low and behold i could walk again. I was on BETA SERON Injection every other day and they were making me sicker than I was. So now I am on a gluten free and sodium free diet, but the flare ups keep coming. My greatest hope and prayer is that a MS cure is found. My current symptoms are foggy brain, forgetfulness, memory loss (past and present), SEVERE PAIN AND BURNING in my legs..and we can't find anything that works. I am falling down, severe constipation, bladder leakage, I have had vision changes, very bad balance and lots of fatigue. Don't get me wrong I have some good days, but since my last flare up in October its more bad then good. I see Nuro in Feb. I think I am going back on MS meds.

Here's to hoping you do better soon. Sounds like about the same MS issues I've had since Sept. Falling alot, using walker now :-( but better than falling again. Please keep your chin up, sometimes its all we have.

Comment

Welcome DD-Elisabeth!

I'm sorry you've been through the wringer, but want to congratulate you for being sober! That is huge and I'm proud of you to achieve this while your world was crumbling around you.

Glad to hear you'll be seeing your neuro soon. There are a lot more choices in DMT's these days, and hopefully you'll find something better for you. You will want to talk to the Dr about managing some of your symptoms with other meds as well.

Hope you find yourself at home here. There are so many incredibly kind and knowledgeable people here offering lots of support. Come back often!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD DD ELIZABETH!!! WE ARE VERY GLAD YOU FOUND US.
        You have a great attitude! With so many things on your plate, it is nice to see that you still have your chin up.
        you have many of the same issues that I have. One thing that helped me with my pain was Lyrica ( I am not a doctor, nor do I have any medical knowledge, this is just an FYI).I also take modafinil for fatigue.
        We hope to see a bunch more of you, and I wish you the best of luck!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Yes; glad you found us. But, sorry that you had to. The MS club is not one that any of us wish to belong to.

Come back and see us often.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X