Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and Just Wanted To Say Hey

Hi as i wanted to say hello !!

Now a bit of info and that is i do not have MS however i do have CIDP (autoimmune motor neuropathy) since aug 1996 (14 years) and so while i may not relate to everything you all are talking about however i enjoy being a member of the different neuro forums i.e. MS, CIDP and ALS as i learn about about the research going on in these different diseases and also how folks cope and survive as it's really tough at times mentally being alone at home 24/7 on SSDI as i cannot work as my feet are paralysed and of course all my family and friends have left long ago as i'm just a cripple to them and so the internet has become my family and only friend .

Anyway enough of the downer talk and i hope i can gab with folks on here at times and lets all hope that with all these stem cells, gene therapy and phase-III clinical trials for new meds going on for our diseases can eventually make us whole again in the near future.

Mike

Well I just wanted to say welcome Mike.

Mel

Comment

Welcome Mike J

You have joined a wonderful forum here. Sorry to hear about your dx. I have never heard of it. I am also sorry that your family is not very supportive of your needs. Many here are battling the same problems. Hope you can find the same comfort that many others have found in this MS family. Even if you don't have MS.
      "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

hi mike and welcome!!!!! CIPD isn`t any picnic either i hear. ask any questions you have, and your input will be great too! good luck.

dave
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hello Mike

Welcome to the MS World Forums!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I wasn't aware of CIPD, but now I know what it is. And sorry you have to deal with it.

....lets all hope that with all these stem cells, gene therapy and phase-III clinical trials for new meds going on for our diseases can eventually make us whole again in the near future.
          Amen to that

Looking forward to seeing you around Mike. We have some wonderful, supportive folks here at MS World.

Take care,
          KoKo
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks for the really nice words from everyone who posted on here

My neuro says that CIDP is basically MS in the peripheral areas of the body and not in the Central Nervous system as i assume where most MS attacks happen.

Yeap it's our T-Cells flowing to our feet and hands and attacking the Myelin Sheath and so causing numbeness and paralyses in those areas mainly.

Anyway it's good to see all these new MS medications coming out and all the Stem Cell research trials by companies like Neuralstem, Geron and TCA Cellular amongst some others as this gives me hope for my future as at 46 i'm too young to be ''retired'' at home as i miss being at work with co workers and friends as i was an appliance repair tech for years and years as i miss the action and intermingling with folks on the job.

Anyway this seems like a cool site and so i've bookmarked and again thanks for the nice words and all and i'll see everyone around on the site .

mike

Comment

Working...
            X