Texas Football Coach - New to this / happy to find site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Football Coach - New to this / happy to find site

I'm in the process right now of seeing doctors. I have several appointments and test lined up and I've already seen and completed several as well. This has been a scary process and going off what the doctors are saying they think everything is pointing towards MS. It is pretty cool to see everyone on here, read their stories, compere symptoms, see how they went through their first stages, etc. Very helpful! Comforting. I look forward to reading more as right now I'm so confused why my body is doing so many weird and different things and even people close to me give me a look that maybe its in my head or it's just cramps, back problems, etc. I really want to figure it all out.

Welcome Coach Strickland

I'm in Austin, so at only 230 miles away we're basically neighbors by Texas standards. I'm so glad you found MSWorld, as this community is wonderful and will walk with you every step of the way. Going through the diagnostic process can be horrifying, but a great many of us live rather well with MS. We have members that have had MS for 5 decades and still going strong. Researchers are also developing more, and better, therapies to deal with the disease.

It's also easy to get overwhelmed by consuming too much information, so pace yourself. Try to handle the issues, and decisions, immediately before you and delay other topics until they are necessary. There are a few enemies that a many of us share that include: stress, heat and fatigue. So try not to stress out or your symptoms will most likely increase. If you work out, keep working out and do the other things you enjoy.

As a coach, I'm sure you could develop a great plan to fight MS, but don't get ahead of yourself. All of your symptoms may be caused by something else, that is why all the testing is necessary. If they can rule out all other plausible causes, you may end up with MS, or in a "wait & see" pre-MS state we call limbo. It's late and I have an early morning, but there's no way I could go to bed before responding to your post. You can grab my contact information from my profile.

I wish you well ...

Comment

Welcome to this wonderful and supportive group!
      Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Welcome!

I too am fairly new to the board, and I am so very glad that I found it. I do have some wonderful friends in my daily life, but there are certain things I would like to talk about in detail but not so much with people who have no idea what it is like to have MS.

The people on this board are wonderful, too, and they also understand what I am going through. I'm glad that you have already discovered some of the great things about this place.

Comment

Working...
        X