Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new kid on the block

Hello to all.

A few days ago I got the chance to learn a whole bunch of new words. Words like Demyelinating disease, MS and all kinds of interesting lingo.

I have been dealing with a variety of different problems over the years (I'm 42) but they couldn't figure anything out because things always "come and go?"

After a bunch of unanswered questions and many years of "weirdness" the pain hit. Started in the eye so I got a emergency appointment with an opthimologist who scheduled a MRI.

Results come back with T2 flair lesions, Demyelinating disease can't be ruled out, Possible MS . Going for further MRI's & meet with neurologist in early Feb'.

This is my first time posting anything, just trying to find some input.

Thank you,

Hi Leo and welcome!

I really hope you don't have MS. Whether you get that dx (diagnosis) or not, you are most welcome here. Explore all our forums, and post away any questions you might have.

We also have a special chat time for those in limbo (not diagnosed yet) It's on Wed. nights from 8-9pm (ET) called Patiently-Waiting.

Hope your appt with your neuro goes well and you can get to the bottom of your problems!

Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Leo,

I'm not on the same path as you having been spared any problems above my shoulders, at least so far. That said I'm dx'd since '08 with RRMS, Copaxone since, progressing still, but slowly. Still mobile & work at being active (not easy but nothing in life is easy). Fortunate that I could retire a bit early although work would still be possible for me (graphic design freelancer).

I was overwhelmed by the jargon too. Many here @ MSW are highly educated regarding MS and you can use the archives for research or simply wait a few weeks and your topic will resurface. They always come around again.

My suggestion would be to avoid anxiety. There will ALWAYS be unanswered questions.

Don't fret about things that are beyond your control. Yeah, that may seem impossible but it's not. You should respond to life by being responsible for your own life. So one step at a time regardless of whatever label the doctors give to your affliction. And remember that your body's abilities are far greater than anyone has ever permitted you to believe. This begins with right thinking.

Jer

Comment

Welcome Leo. In addition to the chat time for those in Limbo, we also have a forum.

http://msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD LEO!!!! we`re very glad you are here! look around and ask all the questions you have, someone here is bound to have some experience with whatever you are asking about.
          hope your appointment goes well! good luck!
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X