Ssdi exam confusion!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ssdi exam confusion!!

Hi, I went to a neorolgical exam yesterday ordered by SSDI with a Dr I have never met before, spent maybe 20 min. In his office and left. How can this Dr make a decision of my condition? How do I know that it was a good visit or not. I almost feel like he just went through the motions and already had decision before even seeing me. Is that normal?

Hi Frugal,
    IMO going to these dr appts is a crapshoot.

When I was initially applying for SSDI, they sent me to an opthomologist who gave me a bit of a helter skelter exam. He didn't even use numbing drops before dilating my eyes. Evidently what he saw was sufficient as my claim went through.

Just about a month ago, my SSDI claim was up for review and they sent me to go see an internist of all kinds of drs to go see. He did an abbreviated neurological exam and asked some questions based on the info I had provided in the paperwork they had sent to me. I left that office feeling totally deflated and thought that there was no way they were going to consider me still "disabled".

I recently got a letter stating that I was still considered disabled.

These drs see so many patients for so many different types of disabilities I can't even begin to imagine how they can make any kind of an assumption about someone's health. Lets just hope that nothing jumped out at the dr that would suggest otherwise and that your SSDI claim will be approved.

Good Luck.

Comment

Thank you

I am glad to hear that someone understands my concerns. Deflated is exactly the way I felt leaving the office. Like he just waved me off. Anyway thank you for responding.😊

Comment

Working...
      X