Medicine for brain fog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicine for brain fog?

Anybody here on this board that suffers from crippling brain fog? Has anyone tried any sort of psych med that has helped, such as anti-depressants and/or stimulants or hormone balancing meds? Has anyone tried supplement combinations of vitamins, minerals and fats? Anybody that has improved their brain fog would be a great hope.

I'm getting desperate and have nobody to rely on to help because I am at a critical point in my life, where I need to take responsibility into my own hands. I have to grab the bull by the horns but I can't because I simply just feel to messed up. I always feel half awake in a twilight zone, constantly high with a mix of drunken stupor! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the negativity but my strength is spent. I've been dealing with this for the past three years, and I am starting to get an idea of how unfortunate you guys feel. I'm only 19 years old, going on 20 soon. This sucks!

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi Chimpmelons -

Anybody here on this board that suffers from crippling brain fog? Has anyone tried any sort of psych med that has helped, such as anti-depressants and/or stimulants or hormone balancing meds? Has anyone tried supplement combinations of vitamins, minerals and fats? Anybody that has improved their brain fog would be a great hope.

Eating good food and taking vitamins can assist in feeling better. Sleep is also very important. Getting fresh air / exercise - even walking outside for a bit or indoors if weather doesn't permit. Omega-3s are supposed to be good for the brain also. Walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds & salmon have lots of omega-3s. Making little changes like adding fruits & veggies in our diet; proper sleep, fresh air can provide positive changes.

In another post you mention you've been diagnosed with depression. Depression can cause some of the symptoms you described in that post.

Talk to your doctor about why they think an antidepressant might help you. There's no shame in being on antidepressants. But, as with all medicines, you have to be monitored closely for any adverse reactions. Also they aren't an instant cure and you have to do your part to get the full benefit. Talking to a therapist / counselor / doctor can help guide you and assist in dealing with life's day-to-day encounters.

Alcohol is prohibited while taking them as alcohol is a depressant -- so it would cancel out the benefit of the antidepressant.

You're young and I do hope you reach out and consider what professionals have suggested may help you. Right now it may not seem like nothing can help, but you'd be surprised how a few changes can make a powerful, positive change. If takes time and diligence, but it can be done.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing, ok?
    Bree

Comment

Working...
    X