Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Motivation

Hi everyone -
    I have an awful lack of motivation. Been going on for over a month with increased fatigue and rubber legs. I don't know what to do when I get this way and I just sit in my recliner all day. I don't even get dressed. I take an antidepressant already. Any ideas? Thanks-

AnneShirley
    Disabled nurse manager since 2010
    RRMS

Hi AnneShirley

I feel what you're describing most days as well.Some days are better than others but the fatigue is certainly debilitating.

I don't have any real suggestions but wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this battle.

Pam
    RRMS diagnosed 2005
    Rebif 2005-2008
    Copaxone 2009-2014
    SPMS 2014

Comment

Set small goals? Success begets success. Sometimes I tell myself to clean up 10 items in the kitchen. Sometimes all it takes is to be listening to pandora.com (big fan of Iron and Wine and Pebaluna).

Comment

Hi AnneShirley,

The fatigue affects my motivation and every aspect of my day. It was so bad the first 8 months after Dx but now I take Modafinil, which has helped a lot. I take a 50 mg dose every morning and on harder days a little more in the afternoon.

Plus I exercise 3-4 days per week; I have to push myself sometimes though but after it makes me feel better and more motivated to do something. Thanks to those endorphins!

Maybe ask your doctor about a medicine for fatigue? Hope this helps you!
        Nikki

Comment

Working...
        X