Howdy ya'll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy ya'll

I have been surfin' the board for 'bout 4 days or so. Thought it 'bout time I should give ya'll a holler.

Actually I can talk with out my drawl just feels as if I should write like I talk lol

I was initially given a possible, maybe, could be - some of you know the type - dx when they found lesions on the left side of my brain but nothing on my neck, eyes or spine except for 2 ripped disks and 2 herniated disks. They ran all kinds of tests to eliminate other diseases and did indeed rule them all out to the point my significant other decided I was faking and started abusing me every which way but physically.

Then they did a spinal tap and found 4 out of 5 oligoclonal bands. Ideally you want 0 out of 5. Still they didn't want to name it MS. The drs wanted 3 signs of MS and all they could find (they thought) was 2. The one they were not looking at was I could not walk and even when I did relearn to make my legs obey, I had no balance. Also, I could not stop the spasms in my legs that showed that the nerves, though damaged, would receive bolts of what I called electric shocks.

I don't remember dates but it was somewhere like 10 - 11 years ago this happened and like 3 -4 years ago I hooked up with my current Nuero who got irate that my drs way back then refused to call it and put me on meds back then.

My dreams change from day to day as I realize what I can or cannot do realistically. For example, I know that at the age of 60, living on very few funds, I cannot get a place, buy a herd of wild mustangs, gentle brake them, grow most of their food, and open a dude ranch. Just isn't going to happen.

But I can still dream bigger than life and let those dream soar as high as they will on the screen. And if one of those should by chance happen to meet something a publisher is asking for submissions for - then I can sub it and hope it is good enough that others can get the chance to live my dreams through my words.

As for pets, I have none. Now don't get me wrong - I would love to have as many pets as possible - BUT instead I have an 125lb Great Pyrenees / Giant White Lab mix Service dog who has been adopted by a severely abused Maine Coon / Calico Cat. The cat will let me pet it - in fact demands that I brush its long hair at least once a day if not twice. lol She will let one other hold her but will run from or go off on any one else.

Anyway - I don't know if this really says anything but at least I have dropped by finally to say Howdy to ya'll.

Hi and Welcome! Sounds like you already have been getting around the site okay so really just want to say hello.
    We have a lot of great people with many years of experience with the MonSter on this forum, everyone tries to help each other so feel free to ask questions, someone will have usually dealt with the same or similar problems.

PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

Thank ya

Thank ya greatly

Bo

Comment

Howdy!

Very nice intro, glad to meet you. Sorry that we are meeting you under these circumstances.

We all have had to adjust our dreams, adjusting them is a lot easier then having to give them up entirely. Maybe, you won't own the farm, but can still work with theses beautiful animals.

I don't post much, but I do gain a lot of information from others willing to share their stories and experience. Keep coming back, I find that a lot of people post in waves, like myself. However, when you let people know that you need help or support everyone gets on board.

Take care of yourself and let us know more about you.

Comment

Howdy

Thank ya Tia

I appreciate the welcome. Mostly I do as you do - pop in for a spell then am gone for a spell.

As for getting to work with the animals, I do in a way. I work with them in my imagination as I write or attempt to write stories.

Thanks again for the welcome it is greatly appreciated

Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hello. I hope you are enjoying it here at MS World. Best of luck to you :-) have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
            Dx with RRMS :April 2007
            Meds: Copaxone

Comment

Welcome, Bo! Love the accent (even via post). I have found MSWorld to be extremely helpful to me, and I hope you find the same support.

Debbie

Comment

Working...
              X