new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new

My name is Kimberly found out I had Ms about 2weeks ago very scared feel like no one: understand

Welcome!!

Super glad you found us! This site is amazing to find information and hope. Not to mention, everyone here will understand you.

Diagnosed 2000 RRMS. Copaxone 2000 - 2010 Rebif 2010 - 2013 Copaxone 2013 - 2014 Tecfidera October 2014
    "You can't appreciate the good days without the bad ones."

Comment

Hi Kimmcd,

I'm not usually on the welcoming committee, but noticed your post... soooo you've got me.... and welcome to a very diverse group that share one thing.

They ALL care. Even the ones that occasionally vent, or whine or question, or most likely show empathy.

So don't be scared, worry can be worse than the damned disease and leads Nowhere.

Come here... toss in your concerns or your 2 cents. We do understand.

Jer

Comment

kimmcd

Welcome and I understand I was diagnosed about a month ago. There is a lot of helpful information on this site.

Comment

I read somewhere that it takes 5 years to digest the diagnosis, so give yourself a lot of room to adjust. I reached out to an MSer who was writing a blog and she told me to not put aside any dream due to MS, rather, to find a way to pursue it anyway. That was just what I needed to hear at the time and I often remind myself of her words.

Donīt let the worry of tomorrow rob you of the joys of today. Easy to say, harder to do, but worth the effort.

Advocate for yourself. Check out the UK MS site, the Canadian site and the Australian one too. The Denver Rocky Mtn. MS Center has great CAM (complementary alternative meds) ideas.

Allow yourself to cry in response to this blow. Many folks just donīt and wonīt understand what you are facing. Your choice whether or not you educate them.

Take care,
          Temagami

Comment

KIMMCD

Hello there

I was recently diagnosed in June and you will find so many answers and knowledge on this site. Keep reading and asking questions. It's very scarey. I think us newbies can learn from all these oldbies who are more experienced with it.
            Welcome to the sit of love, courage, support and information.

My best to you....
            Diamond57

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Working...
            X