Hi everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone!

I have been a member but not an active one for a little more than a year, so I am getting active now! I have had ms since 2007. I am married and have two teenage daughters' and a dog named Archie. I have been on disability for a year now and really miss my job. But I have found another job, taxi mom(good thing I can drive for now!). I do get a lot of quality time with my teens that way, they are busy. Their music, loud voices, and teenage problems can be exhausting. Sometimes after a drive with them, I need a real good nap! I do feel guilty about taking a lot of naps but the girls are good sports about it, and that is the way it has to be! I am very lucky to have an understanding husband too. But I am sure my ms takes a toll on him.

I have started getting some new and some worsening symptoms. Cannot tell sometimes if I am coming down with something which causes ms symptoms or ms is worse. FRUSTRATING!!!! I am hoping to get more of an understanding of ms symptoms by reading these different threads.

Hope you all are doing well . Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning from you.

Hi noetod and welcome! Glad you finally decided to introduce yourself. It sounds like you have an great support system in place with your husband and daughters - that is so important!

I am sorry you are experiencing new/worsening symptoms Feel free to explore our Symptoms Forum and in our Resource Center, we also have information about common and uncommon symptoms. http://resourcecenter.msworld.org/ms-symptoms/

Hope to see more of your posts here. Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks Seasha!

Thank you Seasha for the nice welcome! Planning on doing some research today, taxi mom has the day off!!

Have a great day!

Sincerely
      noetod

Comment

Hi,

Please to meet you I have 3 teenagers in the house, 16 year old boy, 15 girl, and 13 year old girl. Glad they are good about helping me around the house.

I find I am getting worn out a lot, and have to rest, glad to hear I am not the only one.

Comment

Hi Noetod,

My 9 year old son keeps me very busy. He is really active and wants to be on the go a lot. We play with RC cars a lot and go to the tracks for fun to run our cars. I get to sit down there so that makes it easier.

It's hard with the fatigue and reduced leg strength because some days I have to really push myself to take my son somewhere or simply get something done.
          I do rest or nap everyday though. I have a supportive husband too; but it is still hard on family when someone has this disease.

I got diagnosed almost one year ago and it has been a big life adjustment. I realized I just can't do everything anymore like I used to and it's ok, I am coming to peace with that. I am also on disability, which has been strange because I have always worked, but it has been nice in other ways like having more time for my family and myself. Blessings in disguise!

Anyway, glad you wrote and keep us posted!
          Nikki

Comment

Hi Nicoly3467!

Yes, it has been a blessing in disguise in a lot of ways. Before I knew I had ms and was having symptoms, I thought I was going crazy!!!!! Dr.'s thought I was crazy too. Being dx with depression, doc's assumed that's what was causing my symptoms. I had to see a few doc's before getting the dx of ms. But it was a relief to know I was not totally crazy! Also the part about now being able to spend time with my family. Blessing!

I enjoyed reading your reply. Thank you. Sounds like your a great mom to your son.

Take care

noetod

Comment

Hi cmj123

Thank you for your reply! Sounds like you have the same situation as me, just add one more to the bunch(kids)! I hear what your saying about getting worn out! Seems like it does not take much at times. We have to remember to take our naps, they help most of the time.

Hope to read more about you!

Take care

noetod

Comment

Working...
              X