just found out my sis has M.S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just found out my sis has M.S

Hi my name is Danielle. i'm 33. i have DMD. a week ago i found out my little sister who is 32 was diagnosed with M.S. it's hard on her and my family b/c of dealing with my disease for so long.

we come from a single parent home with the help from my granny. and my mom has to other young children she adopted after 10yrs. so it's a lot on her plate. she has a really stressful job some nights not getting home til 7pm, so my sister was her backbone. my sister is my PA.

she takes care of me. in case u don't know what DMD it's Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. it's a terminal disease. my adopted bother has ADHD and developmentally delayed, my adopted sister suffers from server depression, my mom has health problems as well as my 95yr. old granny so this news is hard to take. it's my faith has been tested. i'm tryin to hold on to my faith. never thought we would have to deal with anything else.

i'm coming to terms with it slowly but surely i think everyone is. i'm scared about my moms health. don't know if she can take much more. my mom is an angel from heaven. she and granny saved my life b/c i was her 1st adopted child. she found out what i had and she still keep me and her biological daughter already had issues when she was 11yrs. old. she had a brain aneurysm a stroke had to have brain surgery. she's been though a lot. she has my nephew at least she got to have a baby.

so overwhelming for my family but it's a lot strong woman. i think woman are a little stronger then men. a man gets a cold they turn into babies. women can get a cold they still cook, go to work and get the kids ready for bed. we're going to get through this with our faith in god. he has a plan. just keep seeing my sister in a chair like me, but she's a fighter. she did once we all are fighters

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs and punctuation marks added for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi mzhellokitty,

You and your family have my prayers. Your Mom sounds like a wonderful caring woman, how fortunate you all are to have her example.

You have come to a good place to tell your story, get support or have questions answered about MS. This is a good place to vent or just get an encouraging word.

You seem to have a very positive attitude - I find that attitude is sometimes the only thing we can control - your sister is fortunate to have you to lead the way in dealing with her MS.

MS has no "set" course, we all have different ways in which it affects us.

Taking it one day at a time helps me ---

Hang on to your faith - count your blessings --

Prayers covering you and your family

Comment

Wow! your family has been through a lot together and seemed to have grown stronger in your relationship with God and with each other.

Keep trusting God and he will get you through this difficult time. You said yourself that your sister is strong, your example will motivate her and you have each other for support.

Post here often, others care about what you are going through.

Comment

Hi mzhellokitty!

My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family. Your sister sounds very strong. Hopefully she will get involved with the message boards too, to help her understand the disease. The more I know about other people with ms and their stories I begin to think we are all one big family that can help support each other through good times and bad. It gives me calmness.

Looking forward to getting to know you and your family!

Sincerely
        noetod

Comment

Hi Danielle,

Nice to meet you, glad you found your way here to have people to talk and ask questions. I am sorry your family has been though so much.

Comment

Working...
          X