Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popping in for the first time

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with RRMS around 12 years ago and for the most part have lived well with it... other than a few minor, and seemingly seasonal, exacerbations I can largely live in denial Until perhaps recently when I did have a more significant relapse... we seem to have landed that the numb legs (from toes to saddle area) were likely MS related and not back related (as I had kind of hoped for).

I was prescribed Copaxone but over the years have become lazy with it (read previous comment about denial) so am basically non compliant. Feeling suitably sheepish now and ready to do the right thing for myself.

Anyway - this latest exacerbation tells me something has changed. It's new, it's more severe and it's after several years of no impact at all.

I look forward to learning more as I step into dealing with my reality.

Cheers

Ann

Hi Ann - it's nice to meet you and welcome!! It's wonderful that you have had an easy course in the past 12 years. And it is understandable (in my opinion anyway) that you have been non-compliant with your medication. Why bother when things are going smoothly? I don't advocate this, but can understand why.

So now MS has come back to bite you, reality has hit home and you are certainly doing the right thing by sticking with and staying on a DMT. Will you continue with Copaxone or try something else?

You've come to the right place to learn all you can here! We, collectively, have years and years of experience and knowledge to share and do so willingly!

Hope you recuperate from your recent flare quickly
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Compliance...

Hi again,

Yes the plan is to give Copaxone another shot. I was one of the rare that had reactions to it early on but after 7 or 8 of those they more or less went away. What I love about Copaxone is that there are little side effects in terms of feeling flu like etc. What I don't like is that it's a daily injection. I do have the option to flip to one of the oral drugs but from a compliance point of view that is no difference with me so I'm taking a "suck it up sunshine" attitude and moving on This would be one of those times that my Dutch/Australian pragmatism will come in handy.

Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know you all a little more.

As an aside (since I did not share any personal info)... I am married... two step sons and one daughter (15). I work full time in Learning and Organizational Development in the healthcare sector in Ontario Canada, and I am a Certified Executive Coach. The Coaching is my exit strategy to leading a way more balanced life that I do today. In coaching I have found my true calling... it brings together the best of what I have been doing for 20 years and allows me to work with people in a way that holds then capable. Love it! . My daughter is a neat kid - community minded, intellectually gifted, and the typical 15year old girl all rolled into one. We have just found out that she has been accepted to become a Rotary Exchange Student and will be heading off for a year starting next August. Enough about us.. I look forward to reading some more of your stories too.

Comment

Working...
      X