Trying to come up for air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to come up for air

I was diagnosed in 2004, while I was working FT. One weekend changed my life forever. MS hit me in 48 hrs. I am now walking with a cane (in large open areas).

Married for 32 long yrs- which was dissolving anyway due to husbands addictions. Everytime I make plans to leave him, doors get slammed in my face.

I am sick of his narcissistic behaviors and emotional abuse.
    He constantly pushes me to my limits. I just recently had to drop out of my courses with DeVry for HIT.

He is disabled, we own property together (repairs are going thru the roof)
    If it weren't for my father passing away and leaving me money, nothing would be getting paid for.

Dealing with him, my neighbor (some repairs are common to both properties) and the stress of everything; he wakes me up complaining about anything and every thing.
    Once he gets his buzz- he asks me "what's wrong?" OMG, he's driving me nuts. I have seen counselors; I have one now- I am staying sane by a thread.

There are NO laws that protect adults from emotional abuse- which to me is NOTHING more than ADULT BULLYING.
    My two sons want to hurt him so bad; I keep talking them out of it (beginning to wonder why I do). He isn't worth them going to jail for. This was once a loving person and I lost him. Patiently hoping he would come back to me; having to accept the fact that he won't come back, infuriates me.

Just a very bad day, vulnerable, angry, shaking so bad. stressed out.
    Sorry for the rant. Frustration is an understatement.
    Teri S.

Hi and welcome! Sorry to hear about all your troubles.......this is a great place to vent! Wish you the best!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I am sorry to hear about all your issues, and glad you found this place to have a place to be heard. I hope things get better for you soon.

Comment

Found My Way Back...........

Thank you for your support. I haven't managed to change anything.

Problems with my neighbor have been resolved.
        I am just so done with all this..........emotionally paralyzed. Not one person in my family is trustworthy or supportive.

I told my counselor that I feel like a mouse stuck in a glue trap. I think I even baffle him.
        My pain meds are now vicodin & morphine along with Lyrica, lorazepam......etc.

How do you plan for a future? Have hope? Find the will to keep fighting?...........what do you fight for? Every night I pray I do not wake up. What is the point?

I have accepted the fact that my husband is a Narcissist. Anything personal about me, means absolutely nothing to him.

The pain from a broken-heart, really does physically hurt..........felt like a heart attack.
        YES, I know I am depressed. My environment is killing me.
        Victims of adult bullies.....................DO NOT EXIST OR MATTER. Not in any 'legal' sense.
        I WANT OUT.

Sorry for this poor 'update'. My last post.
        I wish you all happiness, hope and stable health. God Bless.
        Teri S.

Comment

WELCOME BACK! We're glad you found your way back but we are sorry things have not improved for you. I can relate with you about the broken heart, you are absolutely correct, it really really really hurts. I I hope things improve for you
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X