New to MSWorld, but not new to MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to MSWorld, but not new to MS

Hi my name is Tina. I'm new to MSWorld, but not new to MS. I am 54 and am from Mississippi. My mom had MS, one of my sisters had MS and one of my brothers has MS. So, I am not new to this. I found out two years ago for sure, but I knew since 2001 that I had it. I have not talked to anyone but my doctors, my husband and daughter about it, and I have a friend I see for a few hours a week, we play cards. This is very hard to talk about, especially with people who don't have it. Just by looking at me you wouldn't know anything is wrong and people are not very understanding of something they don't understand. I have fatigue, memory, heat, vision, blood pressure, and balance problems. I have cataracts in both eyes from the steroids. I took Rebif for 1 1/2 years, but got tired of feeling like I had the flu everyday, so in January I went on Aubagio. I'm trying to look up, but it is hard sometimes. I thank God for my husband and daughter who keep me from getting too down about all this.

hi Tina, WELCOME TO MSWORLD! It is great to have you here, and thank you for your story. It is extremely difficult telling people about your MS ( especially when you have no outside symptoms that others can see). to tell others, or not to tell is a difficult decision, and it is a decision that has no definite yes or no answers as far as telling others. Best of luck to you!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Dear Hunterd

Dear Hunterd,
      You're right. It was difficult to write on this site. Thank you for your words of encouragement, but I think I was premature in writing about it, it made my day even worse just making myself talk to you all about it. I feel alone in this and I thought if I finally talked about it it would help, but it didn't. I know it's been two years but I guess I am still not ready to talk, it is difficult enough just dealing with this disease everyday.

Thank you for your time. I wish all the best to you all out there with MS.
      Signing out.
      with my Love to you all,
      Tina

Comment

Hi and welcome!! Ms world is filled with so much info from people who "get it", and it is very comforting. I wish you the best!!
        dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Working...
        X