I'm back again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back again

This is not new but I have been away for a while. My MS is about the same as it has been for 17 years now. I have had secondary progressive MS since 1997. I am under a lot of stress now as I am caregiver to my husband who has Alzheimers. My MS flares a bit when I have done to much and not rested enough. I take Gabapentin for my MS pain and have not found anything better so far.
    I have 4 cats, 4 gerbils and 2 hamsters so I do stay busy.
    I will be known as the crazy old cat lady.
    Cher

Hi Cher,
    My MS doesn't treat me as well when I over do it either. Sometimes in a situation like yours there is no choice. So sad that your DH has Alzheimers. Hopefully you get some help from family too? That is really hard for anyone to tackle alone, let alone with MS.

When I lost my Mom a couple of years ago my husband and I decided that Dad should be with us rather than go into a retirement home, it can be difficult and sad at times. But who do we have except each other! I thought my sister could help if my MS ever got really bad even though she said she was "not a caregiver". The irony is that she was also diagnosed with MS just a few months ago. What a family!

Curious as to how well the cats do with the gerbils and hamsters? Don't they want to play with them in a not so good way?

Comment

Working...
    X