ENGAGED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENGAGED!!!

I am not new here but I wanted to share a bit about me. I am a divorced mother of 3, 'GlamMa' of 1. I was married for 26yrs and like so many others, gave up on us as soon as my positive handling of this illness started overshadowing his negativity. I had the police remove him from our home and we have been divorced for over a year. He kindly informed me that I was NEVER going to find a man who would want to be with a cripple except for sex.
    7 months ago I met a wonderful man online who fell in love with me at first sight! I took a bit longer to admit I was in love just because of the crap my ex fed into my mind but I am MADLY IN LOVE with him and 1mo ago he proposed and I said YES!!! We are getting married next year!!
    MS will not defeat me!!!
    I am new here so I wanted to share a bit about me. I am a divorced mother of 3, 'GlamMa' of 1. I was married for 26yrs and like so many others, gave up on us as soon as my positive handling of this illness started overshadowing his negativity. I had the police remove him from our home and we have been divorced for over a year. He kindly informed me that I was NEVER going to find a man who would want to be with a cripple except for sex.
    7 months ago I met a wonderful man online who fell in love with me at first sight! I took a bit longer to admit I was in love just because of the crap my ex fed into my mind but I am MADLY IN LOVE with him and 1mo ago he proposed and I said YES!!! We are getting married next year!!

MS will not defeat me!!!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

When one door closes; another one opens.
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Hoping for much happiness for you!

Take good care!
    "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
    Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

Congratulations!

It is so wonderful to hear a story like yours. There are people out there that will love us no matter what.

May you have many, many happy years together!

Comment

Congratulations to you "GlamMa"

Really wonderful to hear! Will you be moving or will he?
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I am so happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!what a wonderful story yours is!
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Congrats!

That made my smile!

Wonderful! I wish you well.

SusieQ

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Congrats and good luck to you!
              Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

congratulations!

I'm sorry to read all the crap your ex told you. He sounds like a real <insert expletive here> and you deserve better. I'm glad you've found it!
                Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

I am also so happy for you. All the best
                  Laurie

Comment

Congrats!

You Go Girl!!!!! I wish you continued love and happiness.

I am hoping to share this same story with you guys one day. You have truly inspired me! How long did you wait before sharing your medical condition with your fiancé?

Comment

Working...
                    X