Not-so-new, but re-diving in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not-so-new, but re-diving in

Hi, my name is Christine and I'm a 44 yo mother of 2 girls. I was Dx 14 years ago this month, starting with a very bad case of optic neuritis, both eyes, when I was in grad school. Such a scary time, but I was ushered through the university medical system swiftly, went on to graduate, and it left me so grateful. I have always thought of my M.S. as a gift...because it reminds me of what I *have*, not what I *don't have.* It also made me look at everyone and realize that we never know what path another person walks. Never. Sometimes we guess, but that may not be remotely close.

For the past 14 years, I've gone on to be married, have 2 babies, been on and off interferons in the process, had exacerbations and steroid treatments, new symptoms, and one thing I *know* is that even after 14 years, I still have questions and don't always understand this disease.

I've been on this site, off it, life is crazy...I've moved a lot in these 14 years thanks to my husbands work! But I'm hoping to connect with people again. People who get it, who understand, who may share the same questions or have answers.

Happy to welcome you back to the fold. I hope to read about your journey. Good luck

Comment

Welcome back goodsea! It's nice to meet you. Sounds like you've had a pretty active life so far. It's not always easy juggling school, parenting, work and moving. It's encouraging to hear your attitude about focusing on what you "have" versus "don't have". I feel the same way and it's a good thing to remember!
      Originally posted by goodsea View Post
      It also made me look at everyone and realize that we never know what path another person walks. Never. Sometimes we guess, but that may not be remotely close.
      Right on
      You take care, dive in and join in! We're happy to have you back.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X