Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling

Hello, I'm a 29 year old mother and a wife. I've been struggling to get diagnosed. Struggle with fatigue all the time. Struggle keep going when my body says stop. Struggle to try and get my family to understand. When I say I don't feel good or I have s headache. They respond with oh it cause you did this or that. And I'm in my mind going no its the MS.. I feel like I'm losing my mind!! Short term memory is so bad!! Struggle wake up and I hurt every morning!!! I'm depressed and angry!! Wish find some one to talk to weekly whos understanding of what I'm going through.... Just tired of struggling alone!!!

MS Newbie

Hi Wondering,

Sorry to hear of the struggle in getting diagnosed and your symptoms. Are you going through a bunch of tests right now? Have you had a brain MRI?

Yes, the fatigue is really hard to deal with. It robs a person of all their energy (mental & physical). I was diagnosed with MS in November 2013 and started the first medicine in December. I was so exhausted and weak all the time before the treatment. Once I went on Copaxone, some of the fatigue faded and I was able to do more things again. I had to switch to Rebif in May 2014 because I had 2 relapses while on Copaxone. Each person is different how they react to an MS medicine and some people do great on Copaxone.

I hope you find out soon what the results are and take care.

Nikki
    Nikki

Comment

Thank you. Yes I have had 3 MRIs. First started 3 years ago with otic neuritis with one lesion. 2 MRI 6 month later with second lesion. My most recent MRI I was told there were so many could not be counted. I've been to a neurologist she asked me to due 3 more test to rule out other things before she could diagnose me. Well I had no ins. At the time so I waited on the test not knowing those test orders would expire...

Now its been few months slowly getting worse. Have appt with neurologist this week to hopefully get her to rewrite the orders so get them done this time.. I just feel so bad I have 4 children and I don't want them to know me as the mom who never feels good always laying down. So tired feeling like this tired feeling trapping in my own body that I can't function... : (

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

I am sorry

That sounds awful. I am holding you and your family in my heart.

Comment

Wow, you have been through a lot of tests and so sorry to hear it is taking so long for a diagnosis after they have found these lesions. In the meantime while you wait for a Dx, have you talked to your primary doctor about any medicine for the pain and/or other symptoms?

I use gabapentin for the pain on an as needed basis now and it helps a lot with inflamed nerve pain especially when Tylenol or Ibuprofen is not helping.

Nikki
          Nikki

Comment

Thank you for the added info on meds. I am hopefull now onces i get digagnose there is help to start feeling half normal again. No I have not talked to my phycian. It's so hard to get my primary physician to understand. I just try too keep ibeprofen in my system. Most time it works.

Comment

Working...
            X