Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from New Hampshire

Hi all,

I am not really new, but only recently came back again to be more active reading and posting in MSW. My account may tell you I'm new, but that's because I had to start another as I somehow lost my privileges on the other. JazzGirl assures me that it's a computer issue, not a me issue.

I came back in part, I think, because I've been a little more depressed lately. This is something I've struggled with for a while. I started my first account (goodjennie, no space : ) about 2 years ago when I was having a particularly rough time. This site has been great for me, even when I'm not actively posting. Just to see how positive people can be in some pretty awful situations inspires me to keep going and keep my chin up. So, I thought I would introduce myself and say thank you.

I recently moved to NH from Florida, a decision that was in large part influenced by my MS. I was born and raised in FL, but I no longer tolerate the heat well. I recently graduated from school, so I was able to tailor my job search geographically. Not a bad result, I think.

I was diagnosed with MS on October 3, 2003. (It was a Friday. Do other people find that they can remember the day and date of diagnosis so readily, or is it just me?) Anyway, I was a senior in college, and it made for a pretty rough senior year. For the most part, though, I've been lucky with my course of MS. I have fairly mild disease most of the time. As I mentioned already, depression is one of the main things I deal with. I also have had intermittent paresthesias, vision changes, fatigue, and b/b difficulty. Usually, however, people don't know about my MS unless I tell them.

Anyway, that's a little bit about me. Hello!

Again, I want to thank everyone out there for inspiring me. Thank you!

-Jennie
    Do not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Sufficient unto the day is its own evil.
    -Matthew 6:34

Hello Jennie

It' good to have you back!

Glad to know that you benefit from MS World. It helps many of us to deal with the challenges of MS. Just knowing we're not alone with our MS "stuff" really helps.

Hopefully your depression will ease up from being around here too.

Do you like NH? (maybe too early to tell?) Seems to me like that would be a big change from Florida.

Anyways, we're glad you're back, and hope you can come around often. And maybe be inspired again

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

hi Jennie,

Nice to meet you.

Comment

My diagnosis hasn't been that long ago. But I don't think I will ever forget the day time and year. My event was very frightening for me. I got up to go to work and I couldn't walk straight. It was like an out of body experience. I watched myself fall, get try to walk, fall, get up try to walk, fall. Thank goodness my son came just a few minuets later and took me to the emergency room. Not going to forget.
        Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Where in NH?

Jennie,
          Where are you in NH? I live in VT, about a 1/2 hour drive from West Lebanon. It would be nice to know somebody nearby if you are

Comment

Originally posted by epona View Post
            Jennie,
            Where are you in NH? I live in VT, about a 1/2 hour drive from West Lebanon. It would be nice to know somebody nearby if you are
            Hey Epona,

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been off MSW for a bit. To be honest, I don't really want to post a more precise location on the forum. I'm living in a much smaller community than I'm used to, and I haven't exactly "come out" about my MS. I am not far away from you, though. I tried to PM you but couldn't figure out how.

Jennie
            Do not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Sufficient unto the day is its own evil.
            -Matthew 6:34

Comment

There is no PM anymore, just one of the changes. Welcome back.
              Bill
              Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Hi Jennie,
                Welcome back.

I think I remember you back in the day as Jazzgirl. I was away for awhile as well, but member since 2005 and Im also back. I needed the people here, more than they needed me back LOL but so far so good no one has told me to leave "yet". and Im grateful for that.

Keep coming back. ((((hugs)))) to you.
                Janel Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner Child playing with matches.
                Dx date: 7/15/2010

Comment

Duhhhh

Sorry Jennie, I re read your original post again after sending my first response. And realized I had an MS moment on reading it the first time.

Typing when tired and in pain, and reading in the same way....tends to make me write things ahead of myself... and I dont complete sentences.

Let me explain... I said in previous, I remember you from earlier days (that is true) but where I put "as Jazzgirl" is where my MS moment began..... I meant to put, As jazzgirl mentioned it is probably a computer thing as well, because I was gone for awhile and came back but still had same username, but none of the previous information due to all the changes. I stopped at "as Jazzgirl", I know you are two different people...but my mind was trying to remember what to say and the message didnt make it to my fingers.

I appologize...I wanted to just edit it, and fix what i was trying to say, but it hasnt posted yet to clarify and thought this would be easier.

I miss the IM and letter/email features of days gone by too. but as everything in life, some things need to change to remain "great" or improve.

But sincerely, welcome back.
                  (hoping this makes more sense, but who knows. MS moments with memory and recall is constant "change" in my life it seems) LOL
                  Janel Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner Child playing with matches.
                  Dx date: 7/15/2010

Comment

Working...
                  X