Yikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes

Anyone have one freezing cold foot and leg, not the other?

I was referred to a neuro when I casually mention this to my GP, actually he first ordered a cervical mri. When a lesion, small,I think showed up he sent me to neuro. You know the drill lumbar puncture, more mri's and blood test. Trying to be patient while I wait to rule out MS. Tests were 3 weeks ago.

I wasn't too concerned, until I looked back over my medical history. 3 years ago. I had 2 brief episodes 5-7 minutes of double vision, last year a vision disturbance that was like a shade being pulled down. Dx TIA, taking medication.

In addition some funky things that I will not bore you with...read lots of "hot" areas for people, anyone experience a really cold foot and leg?

Thanks in advance.

Hi! Just wanted to welcome you aboard. There are many great people on this forum that will answer your questions. There are many sub-forums and one is just for questions so surf around and you will find many areas of interest.
    Once again WELCOME!
    PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

I've experienced one VERY cold hand, the other normal often. Exercise has helped this (my current thought anyhow).

Also have felt serious sunburn sensations without benefit of any sun burnt skin....!? What's with that? Very weird since heat doesn't affect me in the slightest!

Hope you know more soon, 3 weeks is a bit of a wait.

Maybe you will be blessed and not have to deal with this unpredictable disease.

Good luck!

Jer

Comment

Thank you

It is MS. Going to neuro tomorrow to discuss/treat. Wish me luck! So much info on here, very helpful. Maggi

Comment

Originally posted by frosty123 View Post
          It is MS.
          I'm really sorry to hear this. Just wanted to wish you well at your appt tomorrow. Pls let us know how it goes, try not to get too overwhelmed ok?

Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

My hands are virtually always different temperatures. One is freezing cold and the other warm.

Comment

Thank you

Well, I am not sure what tomorrow will bring, but my doctor is sure in for a treat, my daughters and husband all want to be at this appointment. They are calling themselves my "medical team". Since I have only been to the office once before,( I got a phone call with the diagnosis) I am a little concerned about this being overkill but they are insisting on being ther for the discussion about treatment. Since this has all been very quick and they are naturally concerned I didn't fight them on coming. I am hoping it will relieve their anxiety.

Will it, or do you think it will just frighten my girls more? They are 27 and 26, not girls technically but....losing their Dad in 2006 has made us very, very close.

And will they even let that many people in the the room with me?
              Thanks, Maggi

Comment

Working...
              X