X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back into this group

So, ky old computer died, and I had to reset my password, blah blahblah
    Whatever
    I am here to unload my issues, and I don't even know where to start.
    Hmm, my old man is going crazy?
    I can't handle this house on my own, especially when winter gets here?
    All of a sudden he wants to take offon his boat?
    Reality check?
    Sigh. Just got back from my tysabri treatment, and my friend drops me off, makes sure I have what I need, and then leaves. Thank god, because then he called, crying like a baby, and heading to see our doctor, then a local therapist. He's not happy.
    No, , really?
    Had to unload somewhere, he is on his way home.
    I don't know what to do or say, that he does not already know, or has heard.
    MS sucks, because I would have hit the road, if I could.
    Thanks for listening.

Welcome back.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi I can't get to. Chat site it won't let me in. Plug and play. Any ideas?
      SUSIE99

Comment

Originally posted by Susie99 View Post
        Hi I can't get to. Chat site it won't let me in. Plug and play. Any ideas?
        Susie - I really can't help you with chat, so you should email technicalsupport@msworld.org

And welcome back, veronica! Sorry to hear about the problems you are having at home. I hope that therapy will help him. Take care of yourself!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome back

Sorry to hear of your woes. As to your husband seeing a therapist; good, but you should be with him so you can both benefit. If he can't take you, perhaps that friend could.

Some spouses are just looking for an out because they can't deal with long term illness. I mean, it's one thing to have a simple cold; it ends in 7 to 14 days. Even a surgical procedure has a beginning and end time.. You recover and get back to life.

With MS, it's a long term thing. While it can be mild and not really interfere greater with life plans, it can also be severe. If a spouse or other loved one can't think long term and don't really want to adjust their lives to meet another's needs, they often feel guilt. Maybe that's your husband.

This can happen to a couple even when there is no illness or life changing problem. Some people just cannot imagine not being able to do the things they want to do and instead do the things they need to do.

An disease like MS does require us to revamp life plans or trim our sails in deference to the wind (life changes).

I often find myself feeling jealous of ''normal" people who can get around normally and just do things on a moments notice. Not feeling good is frustrating. We often feel like we should persevere, because that's what brave people do. If you can't do that you feel lessened and conceive of yourself as weak. That's not the case at all, but if you don't get encouragement it's hard to be happy.

I'm glad you have a good friend to help; count your blessings.

I hope things get better. Hang in there.

Diane
          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
          X