New here with PPMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here with PPMS

Hi and thanks for having me. My family is getting sick of hearing about my symptoms (don't blame them) and I need a place to vent a little about them.

I'm 28 years old and I suspect I have had MS since I was 12. That is around when the symptoms first appeared but due to the fact I had a trauma injury to my back around the same time I was only recently diagnosed as the trauma was long blamed for my low back pain, hip, leg and feet pain and spasms.

My "noticed" symptoms have stayed in my lower body till about 2 years. Finding out it was MS was an eye opener because I found that I had been experiencing a number of other symptoms that I had either blamed on other factors, ignored or just simply accepted as something everyone must experience.

Since I was 12 I've experienced a lot of low back pain, fatigue, bladder & bowl issues. I have been adding to that list ever since and could now fill a page here with symptoms. Number 1 for me is back pain, it feels like what I imaging a steel stake driven into my spine would feel. Basically a very intense feeling of pressure on my spine that never goes away and at times I get violent attacks of shooting pain that are very debilitating.

I also have none stop spasms that move to all area's of my body. My feet are 75% numb all the time but I have now experienced total numbness in every part of my body at some point. I get a "foggy" brain especially as the day goes on to the point where I can't even perform simple math. It has started to effect my speech a lot, I can't remember simple words or I completely forget the entire topic and conversation mid sentence (with family members I simply say"I'm blank" when this happens now)

My stomach is another issue, I have constant upset stomach and nausea and sometimes puke for no reason. I take a prescription acid reducer that helps a lot with this and chase it with Zantac and Tums as needed. I also experience migraines, weak legs, shaking, trembling and I've become very sensitive to both hot and cool temps.

So far I have only experienced problems with my eyes once, I had a short episode of "eye shimmers", was like millions of really bright fire flies where buzzing around my head.

I'm in rough shape and loosing ground fast but I'm still fighting. I treat with MMJ which works very well for me and helps to calm my stomach down (other painkillers all seem to upset it badly) Honestly I was shopping for a mobility scooter before I started the MMJ. That was 2.5 years ago and I'm currently walking without any aids but i just can't walk very far and walking increases my pain very quickly. I'm not saying it has stopped or reversed the MS but I do think it has slowed it down and reduced my symptoms so that I have a chance to "adjust" to my ever increasing pain levels.

I work part time doing car restoration and custom sheet metal fab which is also my hobby (pretty much my life). You might think this means I'm not that bad if I can still work... Actually that is my fight... I have given up a lot for MS but only death will separate me from cars.... It does limit me though. I have to take lots of breaks and set things up so I can work sitting. My boss is very understanding and we talk openly about my condition and he works with me in regards to both duties and flexible hrs and days ( I normally work 3 days a week).

I also have a wife and 5 year old son. I feel like a burden on them a lot but I know they love me so I'm doing my best to tough this out so my son has a father.

Thanks for reading, sorry I tend to be long winded.

Hi Dale76. Welcome to the boards. It sounds like you are fighting the 'good fight'. I am PPMS, too. Keep posting. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Dale,

If you are interested, we have a chat for MSWorld members with SPMS/PPMS on Tuesdays at 1pm EST.

You are more than welcome to join in, it's a great place to chat about your symptoms and ask any questions you may have.

We would love to have you join in.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will keep the chat sessions in mind.

Comment

hi

it is relievied to hear similar stuff im sorry tho . i also have ppms dx. 6-2002 l was 40 and had lots of signs when i was a kid could nt skate or play sports or see good.trip on qwn feet . blind now wc canes at 52 i got 3 grown kids dh pets its very hard to io
          xeplain i m so. Does anyo one get{ms. tired} of being {ms takes me ak
          long time tired } and it seems to grrr and start to do somthing an d drift away and i done every thing possiable over the years .and focuss forget it lol lol i forget anyway. my son guides and tells me where i need to we lol lol abue be got to so glad im here this is a journy just buckle up

Comment

Originally posted by sassycatsms1 View Post
            it is relievied to hear similar stuff im sorry tho . i also have ppms dx. 6-2002 l was 40 and had lots of signs when i was a kid could nt skate or play sports or see good.trip on qwn feet . blind now wc canes at 52 i got 3 grown kids dh pets its very hard to io
            xeplain i m so. Does anyo one get{ms. tired} of being {ms takes me ak
            long time tired } and it seems to grrr and start to do somthing an d drift away and i done every thing possiable over the years .and focuss forget it lol lol i forget anyway. my son guides and tells me where i need to we lol lol abue be got to so glad im here this is a journy just buckle up
            Loosing my eyes is a big fear for me, is there any hope you can regain your vision? I can't imagine going through this blind.... I feel for you, hang in there.

Comment

Dale76, I enjoyed reading your story.

Originally posted by Dale76 View Post
              Hi and thanks for having me. My family is getting sick of hearing about my symptoms (don't blame them) and I need a place to vent a little about them.

I'm 28 years old and I suspect I have had MS since I was 12. That is around when the symptoms first appeared but due to the fact I had a trauma injury to my back around the same time I was only recently diagnosed as the trauma was long blamed for my low back pain, hip, leg and feet pain and spasms.

My "noticed" symptoms have stayed in my lower body till about 2 years. Finding out it was MS was an eye opener because I found that I had been experiencing a number of other symptoms that I had either blamed on other factors, ignored or just simply accepted as something everyone must experience.

Since I was 12 I've experienced a lot of low back pain, fatigue, bladder & bowl issues. I have been adding to that list ever since and could now fill a page here with symptoms. Number 1 for me is back pain, it feels like what I imaging a steel stake driven into my spine would feel. Basically a very intense feeling of pressure on my spine that never goes away and at times I get violent attacks of shooting pain that are very debilitating.

I also have none stop spasms that move to all area's of my body. My feet are 75% numb all the time but I have now experienced total numbness in every part of my body at some point. I get a "foggy" brain especially as the day goes on to the point where I can't even perform simple math. It has started to effect my speech a lot, I can't remember simple words or I completely forget the entire topic and conversation mid sentence (with family members I simply say"I'm blank" when this happens now)

My stomach is another issue, I have constant upset stomach and nausea and sometimes puke for no reason. I take a prescription acid reducer that helps a lot with this and chase it with Zantac and Tums as needed. I also experience migraines, weak legs, shaking, trembling and I've become very sensitive to both hot and cool temps.

So far I have only experienced problems with my eyes once, I had a short episode of "eye shimmers", was like millions of really bright fire flies where buzzing around my head.

I'm in rough shape and loosing ground fast but I'm still fighting. I treat with MMJ which works very well for me and helps to calm my stomach down (other painkillers all seem to upset it badly) Honestly I was shopping for a mobility scooter before I started the MMJ. That was 2.5 years ago and I'm currently walking without any aids but i just can't walk very far and walking increases my pain very quickly. I'm not saying it has stopped or reversed the MS but I do think it has slowed it down and reduced my symptoms so that I have a chance to "adjust" to my ever increasing pain levels.

I work part time doing car restoration and custom sheet metal fab which is also my hobby (pretty much my life). You might think this means I'm not that bad if I can still work... Actually that is my fight... I have given up a lot for MS but only death will separate me from cars.... It does limit me though. I have to take lots of breaks and set things up so I can work sitting. My boss is very understanding and we talk openly about my condition and he works with me in regards to both duties and flexible hrs and days ( I normally work 3 days a week).

I also have a wife and 5 year old son. I feel like a burden on them a lot but I know they love me so I'm doing my best to tough this out so my son has a father.

Hi Dale76, I enjoyed reading your story. I admire your good attitude, drive and passion for KEEP GOING and doing the work u do. I have ppms too, although considered mild. Most bothersome symptoms are relentless fatigue, chronic pain in my legs, feet and ankles, moderate bowel and bladder, sexual disfunction and cognitive changes. Ive been diagnosed with MS for 10 yrs, I just turned 50. I always though ppms meant automatic wheelchair butbim learning there are more people living with it too with a mild case. Im completely mobile but greatly affected by my symptoms. I hope to remain mobile as long as I can.

Comment

Hi dale

Originally posted by Dale76 View Post

Hi. I've had good results with ldn. Check out "info on Naltrexone" interest "treatments..." thread.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X