I'm Cindy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Cindy

Hi, my name is Cindy. I'm 47 yoa with two grow sons. Been married 27 years. I'm a psychotherapist. Two dogs. Live simple. Why am I here?

I've had neurological difficulties since 2006 and was tested for MS in 2007 which was negative. I'm also a type II diabetic. Neuropathy is my primary symptom but it is not the typical diabetic neuropathy. Rather than just hands and feet (which I have) but all over my body. Over the past couple of years my symptoms have changed/increased. I'm having myoclonic jerks all over. Dizziness, especially when standing or closing my eyes. Flickering and bouncing eye sensations when I shut my eyes. My face feels as if its about to go limp/numb. I'm waking up during the night/mornings and with internal tremors which has increased to during the day.

My doctor put me on a beta blocker until I can get in to see a neurologist. I've never been able to accept that it's diabetic neuropathy and especially with the new symptoms. My doctor said that she does not believe it's MS because I do not have paralysis. I've never had optic neuritis. The jabs, zips, zings, buzzes, numbness, dizziness, migraines and now tremors are my main symptoms.

Hi Cindy,
    Welcome to MSWorld. We have so many people here that are going through the same process as you are, I hope you can get some questions answered.

One does not have to have paralysis or optic neuritis to have MS. There are such a wide variety of symptoms.

A referral to a neurologist sounds like you are on track to try to get some of this figured out. I don't know what tests they did back in 2007, but I imagine that they would do another MRI, and may include a lumbar puncture. A series of blood work would also be ordered to rule out other medical conditions.

Good luck and please feel free to keep posting. We also have a chat on Wed evening at 8pm EST called "Patiently Waiting" for those going through this process. It may be a good opportunity to chat with others about what they are going through as well.

Comment

Hi Cindy! Was curious as to why the doc put you on a beta blocker. Was it for anxiety? High blood pressure?
      It's been 7 years since you were tested for MS. Did they do a MRI then? Hope you get some answers this time around!

Comment

Hi Cindy,

I had a debilitating relapse in January 2012 and recovery has been difficult. What I wanted to address is the neuropathy you mention.

I have it over my entire body too. Being under an A/C vent, room fan, a little breeze outdoors, walking by a cold case at the grocery store...are just a few things that cause a reaction. I'd hoped this would go away because the other issues this causes for me aren't much fun to deal with.

I've been taking Lyrica 75 mg three times a day and it's made the neuropathy bearable at best.

I've never had paralysis but have had episodes of optic neuritis. I do occasionally have the jabs, zips, zings, buzzes, numbness, dizziness, migraines and slight tremors...just like you.

It's very frustrating. I hope you find the answers you're seeking.

Comment

Working...
        X