New here, looking forward to being part of this online community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, looking forward to being part of this online community

Hi all. I'm 60 and was diagnosed with SPMS four years ago, though my neurologist feels my first episode was at age 19 and it's been RRMS til recently. I use a walking stick for balance, deal with fatigue daily, other issues as they come and go. My mother was diagnosed with MS at about the same age, and lived independently til age 83. I guess there is something in the genes that makes one susceptible... I'll be reading posts here to learn from others... glad I found this site.

Hi, and welcome aboard. Look around and check out all the sub forums. Lots of caring people here with lots of experience with the MonSter.

We have a lot in common. I am 61 and SPMS. I still get around with a cane for ballance.
    Once again a big HELLO!!!

PEACE

Tortis

Comment

Hi Susan, Welcome to MSWorld. You have found a wonderful community full of people that "get it".

The site has so many wonderful things to offer, along with the Message Boards, we have our Resource Center that has a ton of useful information in it. Our Creative Center allows our members to submit original works of art, photography, writing, music, you name it!

We also have the Conference Center that has videos that we have taken from various conferences that focus on MS.

And we have live chat - as a matter of fact, we have a chat for SPMS/PPMS on Tuesday afternoons at 1pm EST.

I hope you find everything you are looking for and more. Welcome to the family!

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD SUSAN! We are very pleased that you found us! There is a wealth of knowledge to be found here. If you are looking for any one topic in particular you can go and click the search optionand then click the advanced search and type in a few keywords to help you find what you were looking for. And like was said previously, we have many chats that may interest you. Not only the SPMS/PPMS chat but also "newly diagnosed" as well as others. Take a look around, I am sure you will find something of interest to you.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome and the search tips! Since being diagnosed I'm surprised at the number of people I've met who are living with MS. Lots more than I ever realized. Off to read a bit now.

Comment

Hmm. Clicked the chat link but my phone doesn't seem compatible. when brain fog hit me hard in 2012 I lost my business, my house, etc... Went through bankruptcy, and I'm keeping things simple and affordable so no cable or tv or internet lol
            At least I can use and read the message boards

Comment

Working...
            X