Feeling lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling lost

I'm not new to this site or ms but all the things I want to do, get answers for have been stopped.
    I was diagnosed in 2002 and my condition has progressed and I can't afford my medication !
    I feel like I'm stuck in quicksand.
    Need some positive news or kind words.
    177honey

I am so very sorry!!! All the drug companies have plans to help those that can't afford their medication. I don't know what you used to take but I would find out who makes it and contact them. Or tell your neuro the situation and maybe they will know a way to get you help..........I wish you best!!!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

177honey

Your not alone. Many are w/o insurance. There is help out there thru MS Community. Google MS then start looking. It is hard enough with this MonSter so fight, fight.
      Good luck to you on your quest.

Comment

I'm not sure of the medicine that your taking but I take Avonex. When I first started the meds I was told that if for any reason I was ever left uninsured or unemployed that I wouldn't have to worry cause there are programs for people in financial situations. I was told the co-pay for the $5300.00 a month med would only be $0-$10 per month.

Not sure if if there is other pharmacies that work with people but it's worth looking into. Good luck.
        Tira

Comment

Hi 177honey,

So sorry this has happened.

There are some resources out there that may be able to help you. We can provide you with some phone numbers so you can look into financial assistance if you can provide us with more information about which medication(s) was stopped. Many do have programs in place that will provide the medication at a very low cost or even for free, based on your income.

When I was on Betaseron, we found ourselves without any insurance for a bit. Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals provided the drug for me at a very low cost (sorry, can't remember now exactly how much, but I think it was something like $20 a month) so I could stay on it.

Wishing you good luck!
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
          X