A little about me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little about me

I don't even remember the last time I posted here I only know a lot has changed in my life since then!

First a little background, I am an Ordained Clergy and have been in Ministry, in one form or another, for 40 yrs! I served as a Pastor in VA for 15 yrs until my mother-in-law passed away and we moved back to MA to take care of Dad. We have been here now for 10 yrs and are getting ready to return to VA as Dad needs to sell the house.
    I was first diagnosed in 1988 but then it was found through a lung biopsy, that I had Sarcoidosis so the diagnosis of MS was thrown out. Over the years I got worse and worse, stumbling, numbness, spasms. It wasn't until we moved back to MA that I found a neurologist who listened and did an MRI and discoved my MS was not Primary Progressive.

I live with my Life Partner of 25 yrs and we have 3 sons and 8 Grandchildren. They are all grown now so we have two "furry children". Chico is a 13 lb. Pomerian and is my Service dog. Then we have Cocoa a Toy Austraulian Shepherd weighing in at 12lb.

Currently, I belong to a WONDERFUL group in Cranston, R.I. called "The MS Dream Center." I never liked "support groups" because I didn't want to sit around and talk about all the problems, aches and pains. This is a long shot from that! The Founder, Marie Perna is herself a person with MS and wanted something better. Then she had this revelation for a group where, 'people with MS, help people with MS" The first time I walked (rode) in I was asked, "what did you do before MS? I said I was an Ordained Clergy and was asked to be a Spiritual support and teach a weekly Bible study. We have teachers who do Art groups, Attorney's, all types of people who share their gifts in a new way. This is what I will miss the most when I move! I was told there aren't ANY groups there! How sad.

Well, I thought this was going to be short but, as I said, so much has happened!
    I would love to hear from any of you!

God Bless, Rev. Adelle
    "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose."
    Romans 8:28

Thanks for sharing your story, but perhaps you are being "called" to start a new group like the one you enjoy in VA. Just a thought.....

Comment

Thank you for writing

I would love to have a group like the Ms Dream Center in VA! When I re-read my post I realized I said "it was not Primary Progressive..." Unfortunately, it is. I am also 65 and not sure I would have the energy it takes start such a group.
      Marie is blessed to have her entire family volunteering there from admin. to fundraising and her husband on the board.

I haven't told the group I am leaving yet and, other than telling our children, it will be the hardest thing to do!

If there are any on the boards who live in R.I or even in MA (I live in Fall River, MA) I hope you will consider looking into this group! Go to: http://msdreamcenter.org/ for info.

Once again, thank you for writing and your encouragement. I ask for yours and everyone else's that, if it is God's Will, there will be a way to have a group like this in VA!
      God Bless! Rev Adelle
      "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose."

Comment

Rev Adelle, it is good to see you!! Not sure if you remember me, but I remember you!

Sounds like you have found a new life's purpose as I call it. What a wonderful group, doing such compassionate, caring work!

I too have grandchildren, just added the 9th..lucky to have them all close by.

I am no longer working either, due to disability, mostly cognitive which affected my ability to work, plus several other disorders to challenge my life! lOL

Please keep in touch, missed you~

Warmly, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Hi Jan

It's so good to hear from you again. Yes, I remember you! I'm hoping to stay in touch more. So much is changing in my life sometime's I feel so overwhelmed! Please keep me in your prayers as I prepare for a new chapter in my life.
          God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by RevAdelle View Post
            It's so good to hear from you again. Yes, I remember you! I'm hoping to stay in touch more. So much is changing in my life sometime's I feel so overwhelmed! Please keep me in your prayers as I prepare for a new chapter in my life.
            God Bless!
            Yes, please stay in touch. My email address is in my profile here. You are welcome to write me~

Hugs, Jan
            I believe in miracles~!

Comment

I'm back again!

Hi Everyone, I don't know why but I continually forget about this page. I don't know how to get reminders to check it. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.
              Just to catch you up, I moved to VA in Sept. of 2014 and bought a home with my partner and our two "furry children." Sadly, Cocoa was killed while staying with someone else. It was a terrible time! Within a couple of months we adopted Mindy a Morkie. So it's Chico and Mindy.
              My MS continued to escalate with various problems. The upside is I did start a support group similar to the "Dream Center" in R.I. that I wrote about. We are "The Peninsula Friends with M.S. Support Group" We meet the first and third Wednesday of every month. If you live in or around Newport News, VA I hope you will contact me for further info.
              There's a lot more going on in my life some very stressful. I have lost three friends and yesterday 2/14 found out that a friend from the "Dream Center" passed away. My Mom is also very ill and has been diagnosed with Colon Cancer. I am so thankful for The Lord's Promise of Eternal Life! That is what has given me comfort!
              I pray that everyone who reads this is doing well and if you need another person to talk to, I would love to hear from you! God Bless

Comment

Well it sure is a delight to SEE you on here again!
                Sorry for all the losses. And no one likes to see anyone we love suffer.
                Plus.. its your mother.. I'll place you both in my prayers.

When I hear of a friend or loved one pass on, I know that they are okay.
                It is just getting used to not seeing them, and plain old missing them.

Keep us informed.
                Sending you strength to get through all that comes your way.
                Healing hugs, Jan
                I believe in miracles~!

Comment

Working...
                X